Thread: My progress over the past year ...

Default My progress over the past year ...

So for those who don't know me I started bowling in may 2013 with my kids in the Kidsbowlfree.com program. After the first couple of weeks everything snow balled and I was hooked (pun intended). I didn't start videoing myself until January 2014 though which is when I started really trying to improve. These 2 videos show first a short compilation of my progress every couple of months and then the 2nd video was taken today for a friend who is plugging and drilling a ball to ship to me so the drill sheet and track line on my Hyper Cell was for him but the rest shows where I am currently in my game. Orange ball early in the progress video was a 13 Ib DV8 Misfit Orange/blue, pink ball is a 14 Ib DV8 Diva Pearl, and dark colored ball is a 15 Ib Roto Grip Hyper Cell.

Progress ...

January 2015 ...

Chats: 39

That's some pretty good improvement for just 1 year.....keep it up!
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Hampe View Post
    That's some pretty good improvement for just 1 year.....keep it up!
    Thanks for the kind words ... I am currently +41 over my average from last fall and still going up. Currently working on 2 things that a friend Kevin Blackmer (C300 Staffer) has me working on. One is lining up my approach better and two is my targeting system, where i used to just look at the arrows I am now looking at the arrows and then lining that up with the rangefinders for a more complete picture of the line my ball is taking.

Nice going man! Keep working out there and have fun with it also!

Very nice improvement over last fall. It's nice to see that hard work is paying off for you. I'm currently +25 from my summer league average, but I'm still trying to get my form down. Your form (to me) looks pretty good. I'm still working on my slide foot since I'm currently stepping with my left foot instead of sliding into the throw. My ball placement and targeting seems to be ok, I just want to work on the slide to get better body mechanics down.
    Bowling balls in the bag: Track Paradox, Hammer Deadly Aim, Hammer Black Widow Legend, Hammer Black Widow Assassin, Hammer Viral, Columbia 300 White Dot

Quote Originally Posted by Sourtower View Post
    Very nice improvement over last fall. It's nice to see that hard work is paying off for you. I'm currently +25 from my summer league average, but I'm still trying to get my form down. Your form (to me) looks pretty good. I'm still working on my slide foot since I'm currently stepping with my left foot instead of sliding into the throw. My ball placement and targeting seems to be ok, I just want to work on the slide to get better body mechanics down.
    Yeah i was stepping/planting instead of sliding for a long time and it took me a couple of months forcing myself to slide before it became regular for me. now i don't even think about sliding it is just part of what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Konvict1982 View Post
    Yeah i was stepping/planting instead of sliding for a long time and it took me a couple of months forcing myself to slide before it became regular for me. now i don't even think about sliding it is just part of what I do.
    Good to know. I thought I had it down a few times and then in league I couldn't get myself to throw a consistent shot without planting instead of sliding so I had to switch so I wouldn't let my team down with my scores. Guess I'll get back to work.
    Bowling balls in the bag: Track Paradox, Hammer Deadly Aim, Hammer Black Widow Legend, Hammer Black Widow Assassin, Hammer Viral, Columbia 300 White Dot