Thread: Arson Low Flare Solid "burn that mutha down"

Default Arson Low Flare Solid "burn that mutha down"

ok i know i say this on just about every review but WOW! Arson Solid is probably the best $115(drilled) ball i have EVER bought!

so i got antsy and had the ball drilled thursday night, 2 hours before my league started. immediately after drilling i went home and ate some supper, and did not get a chance to roll this ball till league time. normally i would wait till the weekend so i could get dialed in with the new ball, but i thought "Screw it! everyone is going to be buying me beers anyway, might as well throw the new hotness" (people are buying me beers because my wife and i just had our 3rd child and first daughter)

one thing i noticed when drilling is that the coverstock is allot thinner than i anticipated, i'm not sure how this affects the ball in anyway, my pro shopper said that the cover wont affect the ball as much. but i beg to differ!

weight: 15.2
    drill: pin up and right of ring, layout #3 on the hammer symmetrical drill sheet. medium track
    shot: 41ft house shot, no bumper oil

in practice i noticed this ball had a HUGE room for error, i laid it down on the line and it just looked so beautiful going down the wood the roll was spectacular and it just slaughtered the pins. i played around with the ball all night trying different angles, my primary line with my BadAss is about the 15-8, so this was the line i spoke of earlier^. i tried throw 10-2 and it had the energy to come back and get a weak tap for a 10 count, i also played straight 15-13 and it did not jump the gap and cross the head. overall i didn't post up huge scores last night since that wasn't my aim lol i just got familiar with this sexy beast.

pros: price is amazing!, ball reads the mids very well and snaps off the point very smoothly, color of this ball is awesome, carbon fiber is awesome for carry
    cons: the OOB cover may need polish for the higher rev players.
    overall score:9.5/10

shot 198, 202, 200 by the 3rd game i was very intoxicated, my average is 194 so i wasn't sandbagg'n lol
    "watching pros throw countless strikes in a you tube video, is like watching
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"

i have since had some time with this ball on a fresh set (and in a sober state of mind), i found that my low revs med speed needed a little bit of polish on my solid. now i can play basically the exact same line all night long with maybe a 2n1 move all night, i have not had this out of a $100 ball in a very long time!
    "watching pros throw countless strikes in a you tube video, is like watching
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"