Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Epiepenburg's bowling scores

Bowler
    Chats: 1

Nice bowling! Tough luck on that last frame!

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Mark O View Post
    Nice bowling! Tough luck on that last frame!
    Yea it happens, I'll rebound and give it a go again next week. May go throw a practice session this weekend.

Bowler

Wasn't able to get any practice in over the weekend.

Wednesday night league, average up to 202 entering the night.

Went 220-245-171.

Abosultely got lost the last game, had a few opens that also cost me.

We'll see what friday brings.

Bowler

Friday night couples league, went 232-181-194. Conditions broke down in the second game, third game I left ringing 10 pins on the left lane on all but one shot.

Saturday I did some surface changes to my thug as its seem to have lost some of its ability to turn. I also roughed up my spare ball a bit to give it a little more bite on the lanes. I'll be testing the changes tomorrow night during practice.

Quote Originally Posted by epiepenburg View Post
    Friday night couples league, went 232-181-194. Conditions broke down in the second game, third game I left ringing 10 pins on the left lane on all but one shot.

Saturday I did some surface changes to my thug as its seem to have lost some of its ability to turn. I also roughed up my spare ball a bit to give it a little more bite on the lanes. I'll be testing the changes tomorrow night during practice.

What were the surface changes you did to the Thug exactly?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    What were the surface changes you did to the Thug exactly?
    I took the cover down to 1000. Basically just enough to remove the shine of the royal compound finish. Ives probably have close to 100 games on the ball. I am hoping to regain some of the backend I have seem to have lost. I wipe my ball before every shot, I have also used DV8 ball cleaner on the ball numerous times, it just seems to have lost a little.

I'll post the results after I test tomorrow.

I only ask, because I'm thinking of doing the same to my Taboo. Let us know how it works out.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    I only ask, because I'm thinking of doing the same to my Taboo. Let us know how it works out.
    Will do. The ball was a beast when new. I threw my 300 with it, when it had less than 10 games on it. Lately it's been thrown in warm up before league, and then spent the entire night under the rack. I really hope it's back to normal, the ball definitely hits harder than my ruckus.

Bowler

Practiced last night with the refreshed Thug. The lanes were so dry that I basically couldn't throw the ball. I was sliding about two boards right of the left gutter and attempting to throw between third and fourth arrow. I was struggling to keep the ball on the right side of the lane.

I think the Thug might be back to what it was like when new. I'll throw it during our warmup period in league tonight.

The lanes were so dry last night, I bowled an entire game with my plastic spare ball just for the heck of it. I ended the night throwing my ruckus, but adding loft to get the ball farther down the lane.

Bowler

Wednesday night men's league, average 204.

Shot 214-232-168. Last game I could seem to string anything together and left the big four split twice. One of the times on the big four I did get the 6-7-10 pins, couldn't seem to take out the 4 pin.

As far as the Thug resurfacing, it's definitely got its backend motion back, unfortunately it seems like its a little too much. I think I might try and take it to 1500 and see how that effects the motion. Basically the ball is now picking up too early and turning so hard that it's carving through the pocket and not deflecting enough.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast