Thread: What other forums do you use?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Default What other forums do you use?

Hello to everyone,

I am curious what other forums do you use? Are there features you like? What are they? We want to be the best bowling forums we can be with your help.

Chris
    Go Broncos!

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

I visit lots of others, though I don't post often in any except here. ballreviews.com, bowlingballreviews.com, bowlingtracker.com, bowlingballexchange.com, absolutebowling.com, mrbowling300.com, pba.com, bowlersjournal.com, bowlingthismonth.com, and of course bowl.com

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

I thought were one of a kind here so there cant be another one out there ...LOL

I use PBA.com and Bowl.com
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by kev3inp View Post
    I visit lots of others, though I don't post often in any except here. ballreviews.com, bowlingballreviews.com, bowlingtracker.com, bowlingballexchange.com, absolutebowling.com, mrbowling300.com, pba.com, bowlersjournal.com, bowlingthismonth.com, and of course bowl.com
    All very good sites, as is this one! I've noticed that a lot of the PBA members who have their own websites also offer forums, as well.
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

I think these are all great sites. And really if you use any other forums like automotive forums, and other ones you learn some great information.
    Go Broncos!

I also use BowlingStats and BowlingTracker. Although it seems BowlingTracker is posted to more than BowlingStats.

Cincybengals.com, another Vbullentin site, and the sysadmin of this used to work with me. He has many features on the site, like the games, virtual chat, avatar, but he's going in the direction of attracting users to get the attention someone to purchase it. I only go there during football season, atleast I did last few years, not much this year, concentrated more on my bowling game and house designing (or re-designing).

He does use a thing called bengalbucks, which is tokens from the site based on game credits, and you can use to purchase additional games on the site or submit (tokens) as entries into auctions to win prizes that users donate. I donated a Rudy signed football - and ended up getting 45K tokens into my account for the winning bid. I gave some to my wife, she's the game player, so she sat down and 3 weeks later, used up all of them on the games on the site, it's like putting quarters into video games. It was something different, people would get bengalbucks if they scored highest on a game or a challenge and of course (smack talk) their way around the site, which is one reason I less visited.

Thank god bowlers don't do that.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Cincybengals.com, another Vbullentin site, and the sysadmin of this used to work with me. He has many features on the site, like the games, virtual chat, avatar, but he's going in the direction of attracting users to get the attention someone to purchase it. I only go there during football season, atleast I did last few years, not much this year, concentrated more on my bowling game and house designing (or re-designing).

He does use a thing called bengalbucks, which is tokens from the site based on game credits, and you can use to purchase additional games on the site or submit (tokens) as entries into auctions to win prizes that users donate. I donated a Rudy signed football - and ended up getting 45K tokens into my account for the winning bid. I gave some to my wife, she's the game player, so she sat down and 3 weeks later, used up all of them on the games on the site, it's like putting quarters into video games. It was something different, people would get bengalbucks if they scored highest on a game or a challenge and of course (smack talk) their way around the site, which is one reason I less visited.

Thank god bowlers don't do that.
    Hmm

I have heard of VBcredits and I have thought of a program where you get points for posting and referrals and those points goes towards BowlingBoards.com gear like shirts and towels, but I am not sure if it would be a success or not.
    Go Broncos!