Default Hyper cell skid

Weight: 14 lbs.
    Pin Length: 3 ”
    Drilling: 30X4X30
    Pattern Length: 40 ft.
    Pattern Volume: Medium
    Pattern Type: Modified House, THS
    Right Handed

The HYPER CELL SKID has the proven Nucleus Core from the popular CELL line, and the 73 MH pearl reactive cover stock. This is a great combination and packs a lot of punch on the back end.

I have used the HYPER CELL SKID on house patterns, and modified house patterns. With a minor surface change, I was able to use this ball on different patterns.

For our 39 ft. THS, I’ve had much success using the HYPER CELL SKID at 2000 grit, no polish. It gets through the heads very smooth, and has a strong turn to the pocket, continuing through the pins. As the pattern broke down, I was able to make a lateral move in with the HYPER CELL SKID and did not lose carry on the corner pins.

On our modified house/tournament shot, I brought the cover back to the 1500 grit box finish with no polish, and it was plenty of ball for the shot. I had no trouble getting the corners out. It had plenty of energy on the back end, even with the little extra surface on it.

This is a very versatile piece, that can be used on a variety of oil patterns with just some slight surface changes. If you were a fan of the CELL line years ago, and/or the newer HYPER CELL, you should consider this ball. It is a good ball to switch to when the HYPER CELL becomes too strong for the breakdown.

Carol Teel
    Roto Grip Amateur Staff Member

Can anyone shed a bit of light for me?
    I currently throw a Hyper cell, which I absolutely love! I usually just throw it on league nights which I believe uses THS. First and half of the second game, it rolls perfectly, then the lanes become a bit dry. Which obviously makes the ball hook too much. I try to compensate it by throwing more left and/or try to throw straighter but faster. Sometimes it works. Been looking at reviews for the Hyper Cell Skid, and some are telling me that it's good to change it to the Skid when the lanes become dry. Anyone have both the Hyper Cell and the Skid? Could/would you like to share some info? Please and thank you!

girl on my sunday team uses the skid when the lanes start 2 transition ,,, ball is a back end beast

picked one up... such a great ball!!!

Awesome!
    What do you like about it? How does it compare to your Hyper Cell?
    Curr. League Avg: 203
    High Game/Series: 279/705
    Arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (15#), Storm IQ Tour Nano (15#), Storm Mix (15#)
    PAP: 3 5/8" - 1/2" --- I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

The team we bowled tonight, one of the guys I know on it just got the Skid and was using it.

I didn't notice the layout, just that he had a small P1 or P2 hole.

He used it for the first too games, looked a little touchy. He only shot a 171,169 the first two games with it, third game he bagged it and switched to the Hyper cell and shot 276.

I think it needed a more little surface than what he had, it was a bit too shiny.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    The team we bowled tonight, one of the guys I know on it just got the Skid and was using it.

I didn't notice the layout, just that he had a small P1 or P2 hole.

He used it for the first too games, looked a little touchy. He only shot a 171,169 the first two games with it, third game he bagged it and switched to the Hyper cell and shot 276.

I think it needed a more little surface than what he had, it was a bit too shiny.
    How's he play? I think a higher rev player would have a good time with this ball out of box.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Jaescrub View Post
    How's he play? I think a higher rev player would have a good time with this ball out of box.
    He's a high rev player, That's why I think he needs a little surface to even the reaction some. Just knock the shine off some.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

i love it! when I notice the lanes drying up a bit, because one of my team mates use a hyper cell (originally mine) i make a ball change to the skid and still keep it rolling.
    compared to the hyper cell, it's a great complement to it because i'll use one or the other depending on lanes. i might be able to post a video. i threw it last night, and the lanes were super dry!

i just got 1 and love it , when my crux is 2 strong the skid kills it