Roto Grip Hyper Cell Skid
Introducing the latest ball into the HP-4 line, Hyper Cell Skid. This ball is a great compliment to the Hyper Cell and the Sinister. When either of those balls start to over hook or hook early, you can pull out the Hyper Cell Skid, and it will give you great length with a strong continuous motion in the backend with still reading the mid part of the lanes.

The Hyper Cell Skid uses the ever popular Nucleus core derived from the original "Cell" wrapped around by the 73MH Pearl Reactive Coverstock. With this core/ coverstock combination, I was able to see a strong motion but with a more longer transition and sharper breakpoint. I used this ball on a variety of conditions. At Team USA Trials, I was able to use this ball on the later games on almost every pattern. I was looking for a ball that got down the lane but still didn't push past the breakpoint and would hook off the spot. This was definitely the ball of choice. This ball reminds of a stronger Totally Defiant which was the ball of the year in 2013. I think Roto Grip has hit a grand slam in the HP-4 Line.

Out of box, the Hyper Cell Skid comes at a 1500 grit factory polished finish. This finish helps when the lanes start to get into a transition and your stronger balls start to hook off the spot. I have also adjusted the surface on this ball to a lightly hand sanded 3k finish to get my ball to not flip so hard off the spot and read the lanes a little sooner. This really helped me out on tougher lane conditions.

If you are looking for a ball to be a step down from your most aggressive ball in your bag, this is the ball for you. This ball will compliment everyones bag and suite all styles of bowling.
Based off performance, I will give the Skid an "A." Based on the cosmetics of the ball, with the Purple, Gold, and Black color combination, I absolutely love the looks on this ball. Everyone knows its a Hyper Cell Skid rolling down the lane. "A+" on the looks of the ball.

Visit our website for more information: BowlersDeals.com

Thanks for reading this review and hope you stay tuned for future reviews,

Joshua Tajiri

BowlersDeals.com Technician

Storm/Roto/Vise Amateur Staff