Default Storm Crux - sk8sbowlingreviews

Lane Conditions: Medium-Heavy Oil
    Typical Conditions: Variety of Shots
    Type of Lane: All Synthetic
    What part of the lane did you play? Third Arrow
    Weight of bowling ball: 15
    Surface of bowling ball: Factory/Box
    What grit was the surface of the ball? 3000
    Likes: - Versatile - Conserves energy well for an aggressive ball - Blends the pattern well
    Dislikes:

The Storm Crux is the latest release in Storm's Premiere Line and they definitely hit a home run with this ball. The all new Catalyst core allows the design intent of the ball to remain intact after drilling because it has a unique pocket in the core which keeps the thumb hole from taking out a large chunk of the weight block. Pairing the innovative core with the ERG Hybrid coverstock, the first hybrid coverstock in the Premiere Line since the Virtual Energy, was a great choice and allows the bowler to adapt the ball to the conditions they see most often qucikly and easily.

The first thing I noticed with this ball was how much the drilling angles and surface changes modified the shape of the ball motion, which makes this ball very versatile out on the lanes. Because the core didn't get modified with drilling it also allowed the migration paths (flare rings) to be more consistent, even on shots that I didn't get my hand into quite the position I wanted to.

Putting a 1000 grit pad to one of my Crux as a test made this ball really stand out against even the most aggressive equipment on the market. I had to take a big (6-3 move) step to the left in order to keep the ball on line in comparing it to the box condition. This was something I loved with the ball, I could modify it right before a block to get exactly the reaction I was looking for.

I would definitely recommend getting a Crux in your bag, I have three of them in mine and am not disappointed in any of them! If you would like more information on the Storm Crux feel free to check out my video ball review on my YouTube Channel (sk8sbowlingreviews).

Michael Bauer
    PBA Member
    Storm Amateur Staff Member
    Logo Infusion Staff Member
    BowlersMart Staff Member
    www.youtube.com/sk8sbowlingreviews

Crux is a beast , strong but smooth and predictable

I love the Crux. All league season I tried different Storm, Roto Grip, and Brunswick balls and was only averaging around 152...not good. Finally, i managed to get a Crux and in the last four league night of the season I averaged 191 with a season high game of 224. I imagine getting more consistent in my technique was part of it, but I am firmly convinced that the Cruz is just a superior bowling ball for my bowling style. Thank you Storm for the outstanding Crux. Hoping to have a Crux Pearl or a Lock to add to my bag and practice with this Summer.