Thread: Hello from NY

Default Hello from NY

Hi guys. I'm new to Bowling Boards. I'm from Brooklyn, NY. I go to St. John's University and I started bowling 4 years ago when I joined my high school's bowling team. I started as one of those kids that went for the free games of bowling but towards the end of my junior year I got really into the sport of bowling. Got my first fingertip when I was 17. Now I watch PBA matches everyday online and keep up to date with all the tournaments. My favorite Professional is Mike Fagan and my goals are to one day be on Team USA and on the PBA Tour even if my average is only a 150 right now. So I'm hoping to learn a lot of new things from this forum.
    Last edited by RedStorm; 01-20-2015 at 07:56 PM.

Chats: 4

Welcome to the forums RedStorm you can learn a lot
    here a lot of info is to be found here because there is
    a lot of knowledgeable bowlers in here.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Welcome RedStorm! I'm in similar boat...have gotten way more into bowling lately and watch/read everything I can. (my wife says I'm obsessed). I'm also trying to raise my 150's average!

Good luck w/ your bowling goals!
    Curr. League Avg: 203
    High Game/Series: 279/705
    Arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (15#), Storm IQ Tour Nano (15#), Storm Mix (15#)
    PAP: 3 5/8" - 1/2" --- I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by RedStorm View Post
    Hi guys. I'm new to Bowling Boards. I'm from Brooklyn, NY. I go to St. John's University and I started bowling 4 years ago when I joined my high school's bowling team. I started as one of those kids that went for the free games of bowling but towards the end of my junior year I got really into the sport of bowling. Got my first fingertip when I was 17. Now I watch PBA matches everyday online and keep up to date with all the tournaments. My favorite Professional is Mike Fagan and my goals are to one day be on Team USA and on the PBA Tour even if my average is only a 150 right now. So I'm hoping to learn a lot of new things from this forum.
    Welcome to the boards.

Which alley do you bowl at? I bowl at Amf 34 avenue in Queens, and Astoria bowl , they have best specials, I plan to visit Jib lanes too. There is only 5 alleys left in Queens, Brooklyn is not better.