Layout: 65 x 5.25 x 40, no x-hole, box surface

Conditions: THS (38 feet, medium-heavy volume, also 38 feet, medium volume)
WTBA Tokyo

The IQ Tour Nano is the result of pairing the Centripetal Core from the IQ series with the NRG coverstock. The thing that stands out to me the most about this ball is the versatility. It can handle more oil than the IQ Tour Solid, but the core also keeps it usable on just as many conditions, and perhaps more. In the current lineup, it fits just under the Crux in terms of hook, and is complimented well by the IQ Tour Fusion.

On a typical house shot (THS), the Nano clears the fronts extremely well, has a good midlane roll without wanting to hook early, and makes a strong, continuous backend movement from anywhere on the lane. This is a ball that you can continue to use the entire set by simply moving as the lane transitions. It experiences no loss of energy, carry, or drive as you get deeper on the lane, in fact that is one of its strengths.

On WTBA Tokyo, the versatility is even more apparent. I have the same roll, hit, carry, and continuation from straight down 5 as I do laying the ball down on 35 out to 14. This ball offers a combination of power and control that will give you a look on sport patterns that isn't offered by any other ball out there. As illustrated so well by PBA champions Anthony Pepe and DJ Archer, this ball can be used by a wide variety of styles on very different conditions.

In summary, the IQ Tour Nano is quite possibly the most versatile ball I've ever thrown, and if you're looking for the "it" ball for tournaments like the USBC Open Championships, I feel very strongly that this is the one. It takes extremely well to coverstock changes to really dial it in for your specific game. The attractive black/hunter/red color combination also makes it easily recognizable, and the apple cider scent makes you look forward to opening your bag every time.

Luke Rosdahl
In The Zone Pro Shop
Storm Advisory Staff