I saw these online and they seemed QUITE cheap for a new pair of bowling shoes. Cheaper than what I've paid for used ones. So I figured, "why not"?

And for me...it really doesn't matter too much because I'm not a big "bowling shoe guy". I'm like PDW...give me an ole pair of Dexters...I don't even wear shoe covers. I'm more of "planter" than a "slider" so as long as they aren't sticky or don't have powder on them...I'm usually good to go.

But these shoes are unuseable. And they are SO blatently bad...I can't imagine there's much of a quality control system at ELITE.

I noticed before even putting them on, that the felt sliding area was resessed into the shoe....meaning if you're not on the ball of your foot when sliding...either the toe or middle of the shoe is going to catch on the lanes. I tried them just to be sure...and I WANTED them to work so I didn't have to return them AND because they fit really well and were comfortable....but they were unuseable.

I was slipping around like bambi on an ice pond...and when I wasn't almost slipping and falling over...I was abruptly stopping as various protruding pieces of rubber would catch on the approach...causing your slide to feel like you're slamming on the brakes and have anit-lock brakes on your car.

On a scale of 1-10...with 1 being garbage and 10 being the best...I'll give these a "2" only because they are actually comfortable and not too narrow...and they're very affordable. But it's a very weak "2".