Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you ever…?

Chats: 204

Question Did you ever…?

I have to admit…this was a first for me this afternoon…

I stepped up to take my shot…and noticed there weren't many balls on the rack…but I was wrapped up in the tournament and didn't really think much of it. Then, my ball didn't come back.

So, they tell the desk…they send someone back there…all of the sudden a bunch of balls come back…but not mine.

So, they call the desk again…nothing. Finally, a guy comes out of the back and asks what kind of ball it is…and he disappears again.

FINALLY…the ball comes back…small scratch on it…no bigee.

It turns out…somehow…the ball ended up way on the side of the alley on the floor in the back.

Now, I've had a couple balls get stuck in the ball return before…but never had one completely go out the back and roll away. A lady that was helping with the tournament said she had seen it happen before.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

I've never seen a ball escape before, but with how our lanes are built it is pretty much impossible. The pins do fly out of the lane onto the floor pretty often though when I'm working.

I saw this happen years ago. I was told that a pin had gotten stuck part way down the lane on the ball return, and when the ball came back on the track under the lane, it hit the pin and fell off of the track and rolled to the lowest spot in the center under the lanes.

Chats: 1

Wow never lost a ball or seen one lost. I have sent pins up and out the back

Chats: 256

Have had ball stuck under the lanes and off the track From return before when a pin was stuck down in there. Took an hour to get it back.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 10

Never here. But with all the problems at my center, I wouldn't doubt that it will happen.,
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Chats: 0

I had two balls ruined this year on the same lane at the same time, but never had one fall out of a lane. Had all the pins fall out of a pinsetter and onto the floor behind the lane. Glad your ball was just
    nicked .

wow! i have had "traffic jams" in the ball return tunnel but never had a ball end up on the other end of the house
    "watching pros throw countless strikes in a you tube video, is like watching
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"

Chats: 39

Nope, never seen that before, and I've played in quite a few different centers.
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Makes me wonder what goodies are hiding out under the lanes!
    Curr. League Avg: 203
    High Game/Series: 279/705
    Arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (15#), Storm IQ Tour Nano (15#), Storm Mix (15#)
    PAP: 3 5/8" - 1/2" --- I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast