Thread: HyperCell/Skid

Default HyperCell/Skid

Sorry if double-posting is wrong to do.. I posted it under the hypercell skid review...

Can anyone shed a bit of light for me?
    I currently throw a Hyper cell, which I absolutely love! I usually just throw it on league nights which I believe uses THS. First and half of the second game, it rolls perfectly, then the lanes become a bit dry. Which obviously makes the ball hook too much. I try to compensate it by throwing more left and/or try to throw straighter but faster. Sometimes it works. Been looking at reviews for the Hyper Cell Skid, and some are telling me that it's good to change it to the Skid when the lanes become dry. Anyone have both the Hyper Cell and the Skid? Could/would you like to share some info? Please and thank you!

P.S. Not sure how to calculate rev rate
    Thumbless
    Cranker
    Avg Speed 13-14

Chats: 256

With polish on the ball the Skid will "skid" a bit longer through the heads of the lanes and when it hits the friction will make it's turn.

Righty or Lefty? Don't want to make assumptions.
    Not sure where you play on the lanes, but when you say you throw more left, are you moving your feet and your target at same time?
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

I also have a Hyper Cell and have been looking for a slightly weaker or longer ball to go down to. I love solid coverstock so was thinking of maybe a polished solid or have also been looking at the Sinister.
    Curious about the Hyper Cell Skid too but I think it might be too polished/long for my game right now. (would love to try throwing one though!)
    Let us know if/when you get it or something else and how it worked!
    Curr. League Avg: 203
    High Game/Series: 279/705
    Arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (15#), Storm IQ Tour Nano (15#), Storm Mix (15#)
    PAP: 3 5/8" - 1/2" --- I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

I'm a right hander, and yes i move both my feet and the target. I am usually consistent when it comes to ball speed and rev rate. here's a rough diagram?
    red line - league just started and oil is on the lane
    blue line - 2.5 games into the league and lane is dried up
    http://i.imgur.com/ZABqnWG.jpg

Does anyone have the skid? would you mind posting your thoughts on it?

girl on my team has 1 first 50 feet it looks plastis then make a move like ive never seen ball is a beast

just got mine today ,, ball is a beast , pull it it holds , swing it it comes back ,, sweet ball

Just had a Hyper Cell Skid drilled and got to throw 6 games and averaged 210 with it today and there was a lot more oil than normal at the house I pratice at. This is drilled 4X4 with a 3" pin buffer. Compared to my outcry and scream this has a more arching motion and hits hard. My other 2 balls are more of a skid flip reaction. I am guessing the way ths is drilled makes it do this somewhat and will recover if I get it right of target. So I really like the ball as long as there is oil. This completes my aresenal for now. Steve

I have a Hyper cell skid, first new ball I've purchased in a long time, I'm a right handed with average speed and lower revs. I usually start with my left foot on board 25 and throw out over 2nd arrow. The pro shop thought it would work well for me but I found it had a tendency to go a bit long for me on the heavy oil pattern they use for my league. We took the finish to 1000 grit with no polish and that got it turning a bit earlier and I've shot some great games with it. I always start with it and when the line starts to dry up and it makes me move further left than I'm comfortable with I switch to my rhino gold pro vintage, I can usually get 2 games out of the skid and sometimes all three when there are enough lefties bowling ( two of my teammates are lefties and the other throws a much deeper line so it depends on how many of the other teams bowlers throw on a similar line to me.)
    FYI my league avg is 180 and have been in the 200 range so far with 18 games with the hyper cell skid and shot a high of 245/674 with it so far.
    Last edited by Tony; 03-30-2015 at 11:41 PM.