Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bowled out during a circus

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    In my defense, it was the only week I've missed this season, and it was to attend a charity event that I couldn't miss. We have 6 guys on our roster, but one was off that night for business on the west coast. We have bowled a couple nights with 4 guys and having to take a blind score, and got crushed both nights. So I pre-bowled to help the team. It's legal so I did it.
    Not judging you at all! You gotta do what you gotta do. My apologies if you thought I was judging you. My last league (years ago) didn't have pre-bowling. We either got subs or "bowled short." I'm simply not used to the idea.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I have decidedly negative yet mixed feelings about prebowling. When it's a small league, it really seems dead if a full team or if several individuals aren't there on a given night. On the other hand, the days when teams had six or seven person rosters, 5regulars and 1or2 subs, seem to be long gone. It does seem that the prebowling option is the only thing that keeps even more teams from dropping out because they can't field a full team every week.

As I understand it, the rule was originally introduced to encourage more teams to enter the USBC Open without having to forfeit a weeks worth of points in league. It would be interesting to find out what percentage of prebowled games are actually used by teams going to the Open, as well as how many league prebowl rules are actually in agreement with the USBC rules.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
    I can do you one better, I had a little girl run diagonally onto my approach and throw her ball on my lane - I was working on a 6 bagger too

Her mom applauded, obviously the girl was too young to understand and the mother either too ignorant or just not paying closing enough attention. Either way I shrugged it off and laughed, it was open bowling after all.

In my league we're not allowed to have one person pre or post bowl, either the entire team does or the entire team does not. Also, we have to call an hour or more in advance to ensure that they can set us up with fresh oil and a one lane buffer which is kinda cool.
    That is something that scares the hell out of me when open bowling next to kids. At the risk of being a jerk, i always try to point out nicely to a parent that it wouldn't be a good scene if your child ran up behind me and caught a ball to the head on my back swing or ran in front of me during my approach.

Rv driver, I was just clarifying why I did it. Wasn't feeling judged at all. And I was extremely worried that I was going to clobber a kid in the head with my ball or just trample someone . Every shot was rushed. Was happy with my low 600 series, but it took me two hours to unwind after that set at home. Thank God for wine!

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    Rv driver, I was just clarifying why I did it. Wasn't feeling judged at all. And I was extremely worried that I was going to clobber a kid in the head with my ball or just trample someone . Every shot was rushed. Was happy with my low 600 series, but it took me two hours to unwind after that set at home. Thank God for wine!
    Nectar of the gods...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12