Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inerchangeable thumb systems? your thoughts guys needed

Chats: 0

I use turbo switch grip for my thumb. Have three made at this time, one for the spare ball, two for the strike ball. Each one is sized differently, by choice. I like the product it is very durable.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

I use its and haven't had any problems. I've been using them for close to a year. I have one in my spare ball,and one i use on the rest of my arsenal.

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post

I'm wondering if the PBA bowlers use IT slugs???

How strong are these IT slugs? As my center , balls have been damaged quite regularly through poor maintenance at times.. Will these things last for a long time? Or should I grab spare slugs, of different sizes ??
    Watching the shows this year, I can say that I have seen a few players that have had them and could be seen on camera switching the grips from their first ball to their spare balls.

I would venture to guess that a lot of the guys have them, but have multiple inserts that are the same size and that way don't have to mess around with switching back and forth.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    How strong are these IT slugs? As my center , balls have been damaged quite regularly through poor maintenance at times.. Will these things last for a long time? Or should I grab spare slugs, of different sizes ??
    From what I've heard from people that have used them longer, the main negatives are cost and durability. Obviously, if you're traveling or at a tournament and suddenly you have a problem where the part that holds the insert in (similar whether it's Turbo/switch or VISE/IT) comes out…it's not as simple as just putting tape in…you now have an unuseable ball until it can be repaired.

But so far, I've seen one of those come out as often as I've seen a finger insert come unglued. Very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Like Aslan says, you can still use tape if needed with the ICs, you just won't use as much if any. I so like not having to mess with the tape....just pop one thumb out and put the bigger/smaller one in. My sizes are so close together, it would probably be like two pieces of tape or so.
    Yeah, the only time I use tape with the ball I have the IT system in is if I know my thumb is abnormally "smaller" and I don't have an insert quite that small. But if it becomes a routine thing or where I need to add more than one piece of tape to the insert…it's time to go have a smaller insert made. My mistake was getting my first few inserts sized after I finished bowling so my thumb was a little on the bigger side…and now I have 3 inserts where 2 are rather big and I had to have a 4th even smaller one made. And I "may" have an even smaller one made eventually as I quest to get a very, very snug thumb fit and get that darn thumb to come out clean and smooth.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 184; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Great information, I will be upgrading soon.

Chats: 10

Last week my thumb swelled like crazy. We had a sudden heat wave with it being 50 degrees here. Lol but with the weather getting nicer, my thumb is more likely to swell so have pondering the ITS as well. Great post. Enjoyed all the comments.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12