Thread: Interesting thing happened in league last night

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Default Interesting thing happened in league last night

Saw something last night that I don't think I'll ever see again. On the pair next to me, a guy was shooting at the 7-10. He drilled the 7 pin straight on, the ball and pin went in the pit, the ball must have hit the pin just right because the pin flipped back out and went over the sweeper arm out onto the lane.

While the above is not out of the ordinary, while the pin flipped back out, so did the ball. The ball started rolling around on the deck (very slowly). Had the ball be able to keep going before the sweeper arm went through, the ball was within a foot of making it to the 10 pin.

How fast and hard did he chuck the ball? Seems like it'd have to have a motor on it to bounce back out on the deck...

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    How fast and hard did he chuck the ball? Seems like it'd have to have a motor on it to bounce back out on the deck...
    It registered around 20mph on the screen

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by epiepenburg View Post
    Saw something last night that I don't think I'll ever see again. On the pair next to me, a guy was shooting at the 7-10. He drilled the 7 pin straight on, the ball and pin went in the pit, the ball must have hit the pin just right because the pin flipped back out and went over the sweeper arm out onto the lane.

While the above is not out of the ordinary, while the pin flipped back out, so did the ball. The ball started rolling around on the deck (very slowly). Had the ball be able to keep going before the sweeper arm went through, the ball was within a foot of making it to the 10 pin.
    Like you said, it's not uncommon for a pin to bounce out past the sweep. The only times I've seen the ball still on the pin deck or lane is with preschoolers throwing the ball so slow that it stops after knocking over a few pins or they threw it so slowly that the sweep came down before the ball even reached the pins.
    John