Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Belmonte/Rash staged??

Chats: 1

Nope it's real dislike for each other. Lines been placed in the sand pick a side boys!

There was incident in 2015 USBC Masters with Belmo, over a towel on the ball return, with a bowler who has a short fuse at best of times.. Interesting viewing!!! Love to know what u Belmo haters think of that one hehehe..

The bowlers were told no towels or rosin bags on the ball return, seems Belmo, and some other bowlers in the finals forgot that, however the bowling media are sure to play up Belmo and his apparent lack of etiquette and grace.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    There was incident in 2015 USBC Masters with Belmo, over a towel on the ball return, with a bowler who has a short fuse at best of times.. Interesting viewing!!! Love to know what u Belmo haters think of that one hehehe..

The bowlers were told no towels or rosin bags on the ball return, seems Belmo, and some other bowlers in the finals forgot that, however the bowling media are sure to play up Belmo and his apparent lack of etiquette and grace.
    Aside from on the show, has it even been reported on? The media doesn't seem to care about the incident(hate to call it that). We will likely only hear about it on the PBA telecasts. Extremely far fetched to even broach the idea of a full blown investigation and circus like deflate-gate.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Love to know what u Belmo haters think of that one hehehe..
    If it had happened to someone other than PDW; I'd have cared. But PDW is someone that just behaves like a douche no matter what...and LOVES to look for excuses when things aren't going his way.

But like I said, as a 'Belmo hater'...if it was ME...I'd have thrown his towel on the floor every time I got up to bowl. Ya can't fine me or even reprimand me when the towel is in a place it doesn't belong.

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    If it had happened to someone other than PDW; I'd have cared. But PDW is someone that just behaves like a douche no matter what...and LOVES to look for excuses when things aren't going his way.

But like I said, as a 'Belmo hater'...if it was ME...I'd have thrown his towel on the floor every time I got up to bowl. Ya can't fine me or even reprimand me when the towel is in a place it doesn't belong.
    While I think they (announcers) played up the towel thing a little much on tv, I think Pete was equally unhappy with the approach. Numerous times he stuck on the approach and would look down. The announcers claimed they did something to "fix" the approach during a commercial break, but Pete still seemed to have issues a few frames later.

I honestly don't know what was wrong with the approach, more than likely it was something with his shoes. I just read that he dropped out of the TOC because he stuck and fell during practice. Hope he is ok, as someone who has had that happen to them, it is not fun, and it's something that can stick in your head for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by epiepenburg View Post
    I honestly don't know what was wrong with the approach, more than likely it was something with his shoes. I just read that he dropped out of the TOC because he stuck and fell during practice. Hope he is ok, as someone who has had that happen to them, it is not fun, and it's something that can stick in your head for a while.
    Maybe it's time for him to break in a new pair of shoes. I heard that he never buys/uses new bowling shoes. He likes his old shoes that he's always worn. Well...if all the sudden you start sticking like mad...falling, etc...might be time to stop blaming the approach and get a new pair of shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post

I know for a fact PDW is all an act. He acts like that for TV. In real life totally mellow cool dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    I know for a fact PDW is all an act. He acts like that for TV. In real life totally mellow cool dude.
    My only area of potential disagreement is I've watched him during qualifying...on xtra fram...and even with the cameras off...you'll still see him throwing tantrums about some noise or something. He just seems like "that kinda guy". It's not a big deal...we deal with people like that on league night EVERY night...some of us may BE the person who behaves like that. I just think PDW needs things going well, or he turns into retro Marshall Holman and it's everyone and everything elses fault.

Apparently, Belmonte did something similar to Brad Angelo in 2011...looks kinda pre-meditated...see for yourself...

Belmo picks up the water bottle...holds it...and waits until Angelo is on his approach to "crunch" the bottle...

Look starting at about 0:30...Belmonte reaches for the bottle, and holds it...then if you pause at 0:39...looks like he's ready to "crunch" the bottle...and if you listen closely, you can hear it at 0:42 or so...

Then, start at 1:06...and watch again...you can hear the crinkle at 1:07 to 1:09-ish...

Chats: 4

Maybe the PBA needs to ban the use of the clear flimsy
    plastic water bottles during the finals and maybe replace
    them with a more sturdy plastic type of water bottle that
    doesn't crunch.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast