Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is Belmonte/Rash staged??

Ringer
    Chats: 0

I think the pba is trying to make drama so people tune in to the telacasts.

I hadn't really heard about this until now, but then again I haven't really looked at bowling at all except for the past month. I don't hold favor with any bowler, but it definitely seems intentional. I used to buy the flimsy cheapo water bottles all the time and the only time it has ever crinkled is when you're first initially opening it and have to break the seal. After that it's very easy to twist the cap off without applying any pressure whatsoever to the bottle. I find it hard to believe that if you're consciously trying to be quiet, which you would be during a pro game, that you would crinkle the bottle especially at such crucial moments like those.

Saw one of the PBA League events, the skills competition I believe. Rash did something and comes back and high fives Barnes, Duke, and the others...sees Belmonte and skips him, and high fives the others.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by manke View Post
    I think the pba is trying to make drama so people tune in to the telacasts.
    It's all fun and games and ratings...until you do that to the wrong person. Then it's a major black eye for the sport as global media replays video of Belmo getting punched in the face.

And the sad thing is...no matter what Belmo does...he'll be seen as the victim...because he's bowling's golden goose.

Like I said...if it was me...I'd have warned him...if he kept doing it...fight fire with fire and when he's in his approach yell "Choke!" And if he puts his towel on my ball...I throw it on the floor. Problem solved. And if he whines about it...whatever. If the PBA wants excitement...I'd give em all the excitement they can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Like I said...if it was me...I'd have warned him...if he kept doing it...fight fire with fire and when he's in his approach yell "Choke!" And if he puts his towel on my ball...I throw it on the floor. Problem solved. And if he whines about it...whatever. If the PBA wants excitement...I'd give em all the excitement they can handle.
    Yep! There is a lot of money on the line and these guys do this for a living. It's not like pro wrestling where you are paid to be a heel. I always secretly hope Rash punches him in the face. Would really like to see Wes Malott do it but he is too nice. Plus I think a punch from him would kill someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1700 View Post
    Yep! There is a lot of money on the line and these guys do this for a living. It's not like pro wrestling where you are paid to be a heel. I always secretly hope Rash punches him in the face. Would really like to see Wes Malott do it but he is too nice. Plus I think a punch from him would kill someone.

You don't mess with the Texas Tornado A.K.A. The Big Nasty!

I still can't believe nobody is going after Rash here. I'll be the first to say I cannot stand Belmo. Belmo this, Belmo that. I can't turn on one Sunday ESPN broadcast without seeing his unshaven face. Just grow a real beard already! The arrogance. The cockiness. The NBA sleeve. You can spout out any medical reason you want, guy doesn't need it. It is a For Show thing. Look at me, I want to be like A.I. !!(Allen Iverson). And don't even get me started on how two handed should have there own division...

Anyways, no matter how much of a douche Belmo is, Rash is just a downright mean spirited ahole. A hotheaded punk who always has a scowl on his face. And he has been this way for YEARS. There have been many incidents involving Rash were Pros have come out and stated what a poor sport he is. Guy in my Proshop has bowled with him a few times and said he will be one of the only guys that doesn't take time to talk to others or socialize with them. He said he only shakes hands after losing if it's on national television. At least I have seen Belmo be humble.

As far as the water bottle thing only crunching when you first open it......Have you bought a case of water from Giant Eagle/Get Go?? Flimsiest damn things ever.
    Last edited by bubba809; 02-25-2015 at 08:29 AM.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    You don't mess with the Texas Tornado A.K.A. The Big Nasty!

I still can't believe nobody is going after Rash here. I'll be the first to say I cannot stand Belmo. Belmo this, Belmo that. I can't turn on one Sunday ESPN broadcast without seeing his unshaven face. Just grow a real beard already! The arrogance. The cockiness. The NBA sleeve. You can spout out any medical reason you want, guy doesn't need it. It is a For Show thing. Look at me, I want to be like A.I. !!(Allen Iverson). And don't even get me started on how two handed should have there own division...

Anyways, no matter how much of a douche Belmo is, Rash is just a downright mean spirited ahole. A hotheaded punk who always has a scowl on his face. And he has been this way for YEARS. There have been many incidents involving Rash were Pros have come out and stated what a poor sport he is. Guy in my Proshop has bowled with him a few times and said he will be one of the only guys that doesn't take time to talk to others or socialize with them. He said he only shakes hands after losing if it's on national television. At least I have seen Belmo be humble.

As far as the water bottle thing only crunching when you first open it......Have you bought a case of water from Giant Eagle/Get Go?? Flimsiest damn things ever.
    The big difference between Belmonte and Rash is one wins most of the time and the other hasn't been on televised PBA events in a long time. One will eventually go down as the BEST bowler in history.

Yes, I do believe Belmonte will go down as #1 when it's all said and done. He is so consistent with his two handed approach and honestly I don't see the bad guy aspect of it. He doesn't come off as a douche or cry-baby as Rash.

Belmonte truly cares for the sport and growing it even if it's self serving.

Bowling would be boring with the nice guy but no personality fellows such as Duke, WRW, and Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    The big difference between Belmonte and Rash is one wins most of the time and the other hasn't been on televised PBA events in a long time. One will eventually go down as the BEST bowler in history.

Yes, I do believe Belmonte will go down as #1 when it's all said and done. He is so consistent with his two handed approach and honestly I don't see the bad guy aspect of it. He doesn't come off as a douche or cry-baby as Rash.

Belmonte truly cares for the sport and growing it even if it's self serving.

Bowling would be boring with the nice guy but no personality fellows such as Duke, WRW, and Barnes
    Rash has not been on tv in a long time? Just curious about what makes you think belmo is the great caring individual that you portray him as unless he is your brother or son? Not saying he is or isn't but i'm not really willing to make him a dick weber style ambassador based on youtube videos throwing bowling balls in skateparks or wherever. I do agree he has a personality but that does not mean he is growing the sport. Actually i think belmo winning all the time makes bowling look like a joke to non bowlers. They must think look at this freak, i bet they will be glow bowling on tv soon. To be honest, i think belmonte is a bigger jerk than rash and does not mind resorting to cheap mind games in competition. Other than that i love the guy.
    Last edited by fortheloveofbowling; 02-25-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Rash has not been on tv in a long time? Just curious about what makes you think belmo is the great caring individual that you portray him as unless he is your brother or son? Not saying he is or isn't but i'm not really willing to make him a dick weber style ambassador based on youtube videos throwing bowling balls in skateparks or wherever. I do agree he has a personality but that does not mean he is growing the sport. Actually i think belmo winning all the time makes bowling look like a joke to non bowlers. They must think look at this freak, i bet they will be glow bowling on tv soon. To be honest, i think belmonte is a bigger jerk than rash and does not mind resorting to cheap mind games in competition. Other than that i love the guy.
    You have your opinion, I have mine. I think Belmo is the best thing that has happened to bowling in a long time.

And why do you consider him a freak? Because he bowls two handed. This is the root for all the hatred for him. He is different but kicking everyone's behind. 10 television appearances in last 12 PBA events will make others jealous.

I'm sorry if he isn't traditional thumb one handed bowler. He is good at what he does and right now is the best bowler out there.

Full disclosure I don't bowl two handed but can appreciate what he brings to the game.
    Last edited by NewToBowling; 02-26-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Actually i think belmo winning all the time makes bowling look like a joke to non bowlers.
    Not sure if I agree with this logic. When Tiger was on top of the world winning everything in sight, PGA viewership and interest in golf went through the ROOF.

Nobody thought basketball was a joke when Michael Jordan's Bulls demolished every team in the league to the tune of two 3-peats (would've been even more ridiculous had he not retired briefly in between).

As much as I HATE HATE HATE the New England Patriots (did I mention I HATE them) and the streams of bang wagon jumping idiots that they have attracted (I remember in the 90's where there were ZERO Pats fans outside of the Northeast), they have DOMINATED the NFL in a way NO other team has done in the salary cap/FA era. And the NFL is still the biggest drawing sport in the US.

Just because a person/team is dominant doesn't make the associated sport a joke, what they're really doing is setting the bar that much higher. Which in turn makes it that more challenging for the rest of the league and forces them to step up their game, as well as up and comers/future generations to reach higher than what they thought was possible.

To me the image I have in my mind of the old days was of obese, beer swilling chain smokers. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that growing up in the 80's that's what I saw in the local bowling alleys, and probably why I NEVER considered bowling as a serious sport (in those days). In fact they even poke fun at that image in the movie Kingpin. To me THAT made the sport a joke (in the eyes of the average bowler), and that image to me still plays a role in the perception of bowling to the general public today.

Hell, that documentary on bowling although putting bowling in a serious light, even called itself "League of ORDINARY Gentleman". It's like even the producers of the documentary can't even take the sport or the bowlers featured in the movie seriously.

Bowling has a serious image problem. Featuring a young, dominant, articulate, and charismatic bowler who reaches out to the general public and bowling enthusiasts alike, on all kinds of social media, doing apperances, etc. goes a long way towards fixing that. In fact, if some of the other "young guns" of the sport put as much into publicizing the sport as Belmo does, the sport would be MUCH better for it.

And full disclaimer, I'm not a 2 hander either but really have no issues with it whatsoever.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast