Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial Aslan vs. ZDawg Southern California Inviational

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    All that to give ZDawg 2 more pins per game?? Because thats all it would net. I must be missing something or my math is off….OR…Mike is REALLY bored...
    Or on the flip side, you performed all those mathematical gymnastics to remove 2 pins from ZDawg.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Sorry Aslan, but you need to put your pencil down, and step away from the spreadsheet.

One season (VBT) of you're made up math is ENOUGH.

We'll do this one nice and simple, and straight forward.

USBC sanctioned leagues (non sport) from the 2013-2014 season.

Bowl.com is nice enough to calculate the composite averages for us. We'll use that.

The sport league average adjustment chart is crap.

We'll stick with non sport condition averages.

Aslan 8259-59071 Composite Average 166
    MWhite 1560-11073 Composite Average 199
    ZDawg 8677-37848 Composite Average 152

Simple calculations:
    (199-199)*0.9 = 0 MWhite gets 0 per game, 0 for the series.
    (199-166)*0.9 = 29 Aslan gets 29 per game, 87 for the series.
    (199-152)*0.9 = 42 ZDawg gets 42 per game, 126 for the series.

It doesn't get any more straight forward, and simple than that.
    I agree with Mike. The sport league average adjustment chart is a vague approximation and if you read the USBC rules carefully is only used for bowlers who do not have any non sport USBC averages.

Throwing in the VBT averages shouldn't have that much of an effect on the composite ave. so why bother.

Ooh, I know, to get Mike riled up before the big event.
    John

Chats: 204

We'll keep Mike's simplistic approach. I'm not going to be a stickler on giving ZDawg 2 more pins. It doesn't affect mine and Mike's averages at all really.

But I do contend my system is far more FAIR given Mike seeminly can average 222 and win the VBT and ZDawg can average in the high 160s post-June (including the VBT)...yet we're "pretending" he's a low 150s bowler. Mike just has some huge problem with admitting he's a 200+ average bowler...so he's clinging as tightly as possible to that 199...but at least this time he can't reasonably claim it shout be 190.

However, in NON-sandbagging news....Aslan continues to average in the mid-160s....in every league...on every league night...and will be taking that 160s average into the event...without any claims that this or that is a technicality...and it's too complicated and it should just be a 149.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Banned

We'll keep Mike's simplistic approach. I'm not going to be a stickler on giving ZDawg 2 more pins. It doesn't affect mine and Mike's averages at all really.

But I do contend my system is far more FAIR given Mike seeminly can average 222 and win the VBT and ZDawg can average in the high 160s post-June (including the VBT)...yet we're "pretending" he's a low 150s bowler. Mike just has some huge problem with admitting he's a 200+ average bowler...so he's clinging as tightly as possible to that 199...but at least this time he can't reasonably claim it shout be 190.

However, in NON-sandbagging news....Aslan continues to average in the mid-160s....in every league...on every league night...and will be taking that 160s average into the event...without any claims that this or that is a technicality...and it's too complicated and it should just be a 149.
    Well if you actually looked at the scores shot, my 222 average was for 15 games (no idea why you have 18).

In that 15 games was a series (837) on a condition were are most likely not going to see in Murietta.

Doing a little math, 222*15 = 3330 - 837 = 2493 / 12 = 207.

So with the exclusion of that one rare event, my average was nowhere near 222.

At this point with all your math-shenanigans, I have no idea if the 222, or 207 averages have any basis in reality.

At this point with all your math-shenanigans, I have no idea if the 222, or 207 averages have any basis in reality.
    Judging by your performance in the 1st Annual BHMAVZSCI...I'd say those averages have absolutely no basis in reality.

Just a reminder folks (especially ZDawg and MWhite)…the event is still scheduled for March 6th at 6:30PM. Be there or be square. Aslan is still Mega-Slumping….perfect time for a defeat.

Banned

Just a reminder folks (especially ZDawg and MWhite)…the event is still scheduled for March 6th at 6:30PM. Be there or be square. Aslan is still Mega-Slumping….perfect time for a defeat.
    You can be there on the 6th if you wish, but you'll have to make another trip on the 7th which is a Saturday.

You can be there on the 6th if you wish, but you'll have to make another trip on the 7th which is a Saturday.
    Aww….&$*$.

Sorry guys, but I need to change the date to either the 14th or 28th. For some reason I wrote it down as Friday the 7th?…and I booked that Saturday night with something I can't get out of. Lemme know if either of those work….if not we'll look at April.

SORRY
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

ZDawg?? MWhite??

Did you guys read this?

14th? 28th? April??

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

ZDawg?? MWhite??

Did you guys read this?

14th? 28th? April??
    Perhaps they are sticking to the original Saturday so as avoid having to deal with your awesomeness.
    John

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast