Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial Aslan vs. ZDawg Southern California Inviational

Chats: 204

No buzz yet.

I figured ESPN might want it to comepte with CBS for March Sadness (otherwise CBS will make me pay a fee to refer to it the other way) and air our epic tournament. But nothing yet.

A lot of pressure on Aslan to repeat as champion. Technically, nobody has ever repeated in the ABHMAVZSCI.

But with Zdawg coming in with his improved game and MWhite coming in off a VBT title…whew…this is gonna be EPIC!! Anyone unfotunate enough to live in the Indian reservations/cowtowns/vineyards/meth labs near Murrieta, CA…it's WORTH the drive!! <----that is not an actual guarantee that it will in fact be worth the drive. I'm just hoping it is at this point.

This is only 1 of 2 tour stops for bowling boards.com competitors…the other one being the Aslan vs. Iceman Challenge…which is still TBD by last year's winner Rob M. But, gonna be hard to field 5 people for that one now that Iceman has retired and Mudpuppy likely won't have a conincidental vacation scheduled that weekend. But, hopefully it'll happen. I definitely want to avenge my 5th place finish in singles competition.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    No buzz yet.

I figured ESPN might want it to comepte with CBS for March Sadness (otherwise CBS will make me pay a fee to refer to it the other way) and air our epic tournament. But nothing yet.

A lot of pressure on Aslan to repeat as champion. Technically, nobody has ever repeated in the ABHMAVZSCI.

But with Zdawg coming in with his improved game and MWhite coming in off a VBT title…whew…this is gonna be EPIC!! Anyone unfotunate enough to live in the Indian reservations/cowtowns/vineyards/meth labs near Murrieta, CA…it's WORTH the drive!! <----that is not an actual guarantee that it will in fact be worth the drive. I'm just hoping it is at this point.

This is only 1 of 2 tour stops for bowling boards.com competitors…the other one being the Aslan vs. Iceman Challenge…which is still TBD by last year's winner Rob M. But, gonna be hard to field 5 people for that one now that Iceman has retired and Mudpuppy likely won't have a conincidental vacation scheduled that weekend. But, hopefully it'll happen. I definitely want to avenge my 5th place finish in singles competition.
    Maybe you can find a independent tv channel to air the epic footage. You could add some commentary to the footage and submit it for approval and maybe become local stars/heroes!! By the way, what time of year was the iceman/aslan challenge and are you thinking about the same time of year in vegas?

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Maybe you can find a independent tv channel to air the epic footage. You could add some commentary to the footage and submit it for approval and maybe become local stars/heroes!! By the way, what time of year was the iceman/aslan challenge and are you thinking about the same time of year in vegas?
    I was thinking the same time of year because thats when leagues tend to sweep...end of the upcoming season. Last year my league was a Laughlin league so I stopped in Vegas on the way to Laughlin. But that was a one time deal. Once leagues start up for the upcoming season, I'll see when my leagues are sweeping, and see if Rob has any interest in defending his title...then go from there to try and drum up a few more participants. Iceman probably won't make the trip again and I doubt Mudpuppy will either. MWhite hasn't said either way but he did mention that the drive from SoCal to Vegas seems to be getting longer and longer every time...so he's a "weak maybe". Classygranny said she was thinking about it at one point given that she is in Arizona. I'm optimistic between Vegas, SoCal, Arizona, Nevada, and Texas we might be able to drum up 5 players. If Rob is in, I'm in. We'd just need a few others to make it worthwhile.

If anyone still can contact Iceman...obviously one spot is his if he wants it since the tournament is named after him and all. And Mudpuppy and MWhite are certainly first on the priority list if they want their spots back to avenge their defeats. But after that...first come first serve. IF Rob is in...then I'll make a thread devoted to the tournament (2nd Annual)...maybe link to the previous year's video just to incite some interest...and whatever open spots we have we'll solicit for interested parties. I'd prefer if everyone that participated was a bowlingboards.com contributer...but given the close link between the users of this site and BowlingIntel...I wouldn't be too opposed if we were in need of a player or two to see if the folks over there might be interested.

Or maybe we mix the format up a little and do a best of 3 team event (Bowlingboards.com vs. BowlingIntel)...get 4 bowlers from each site...cap the average limit for the teams to make it fair...and start a little friendly competition between the sites. Many folks are members of both sites...so that'll make it easier to fill teams.

But...cart before the horse. The 2nd Annual Aslan vs. ZDawg Invitational is the first tour event of the season so I need to mentally prepare for that. "Two-time Undefeated Champion" just sounds too good for me to pass up.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Banned
    Chats: 68

I heard that there is going to be a Junior Gold event at Cal Bowl earlier in the day, so if we don't ask ahead of time, we may get placed on a worn out WTBA Montreal condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I heard that there is going to be a Junior Gold event at Cal Bowl earlier in the day, so if we don't ask ahead of time, we may get placed on a worn out WTBA Montreal condition.
    I'll take a worn out WTBA Montreal condition. It'd stink to get a fresh one though.

6:30 Ladies and Gents!!! 6:30PM!!!

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I'll take a worn out WTBA Montreal condition. It'd stink to get a fresh one though.

6:30 Ladies and Gents!!! 6:30PM!!!
    If we have to bowl on a worn out sport shot, we're bowling scratch.

The handicap you're getting isn't based on crap conditions.

But it's still based on the same crap bowler!!

Ringer
    Chats: 0

So what happened to iceman?

Quote Originally Posted by manke View Post
    So what happened to iceman?
    You're thinking of the other epic "Aslan Entertainment" production; The Aslan vs. Iceman Challenge.

Obviously with Iceman retreating into some type of cave or mudhut of some kind…never to be seen again…'possibly' deceased…we do not know...it has less "flavor/pizazz" than it did for the first event. But I'm still hopeful we can arrange another Challenge…with Rob getting to pick the location/date…I'd suggest sometime around 9/10 or 9/11.

This event (this thread) is about the epic Aslan/ZDawg/Mwhite battle…with MWhite representing the Citrus Belt USBC, ZDawg representing the San Diego area USBC and Aslan representing the Orange County contingent. Always an excellent event with entertaining video. Not so much a good, "how to bowl" video per se…but still entertaining.

Chats: 256

If we have to bowl on a worn out sport shot, we're bowling scratch.

If crap conditions exist, they would obviously be crap conditions for all.

Man up and beat him no matter the condition of the lanes.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast