Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial Aslan vs. ZDawg Southern California Inviational

Exciting stuff. I think it's great you guys are doing this.

Did you three know each other prior to these boards or did you all meet on bowlingboards.com?

And I've had two falls just this week. It was pretty brutal as I feel into the lane and got oil all over my arms. Those approaches are pretty bad sometimes.

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Exciting stuff. I think it's great you guys are doing this.

Did you three know each other prior to these boards or did you all meet on bowlingboards.com?
    I "think" Aslan and Mike knew each other, or at least had met prior as they live in the same general vicinity. I live further South, so I met them via the site and in person for the first challenge last year.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    And I've had two falls just this week. It was pretty brutal as I feel into the lane and got oil all over my arms. Those approaches are pretty bad sometimes.
    I woke up Sunday with a nasty bruise on my knee.

Thank You Party People.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
    I "think" Aslan and Mike knew each other, or at least had met prior as they live in the same general vicinity. I live further South, so I met them via the site and in person for the first challenge last year.

Aslan came out to the shop once or twice before the first challenge, but that was after he was on the board.

Chats: 204

Yeah. I met Mike because he was the only one locally that drilled balls using Bill Hall's Tri-Grip method and I wanted to give that a try. I had him drill a ball with a conventional grip and then had him drill a couple balls tri-grip. Then I had him drill a couple balls for an experiment/project I was working on regarding differences in ball motion due specifically to drill layouts. Then Mike and I were teammates in a 3-person sport shot league a season ago.

But I didn't know Mike before I was on bowlingboards.com.

Chats: 0

Nice game 2 Aslan. You are making many improvements in your bowling. Video is good as well.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Chats: 256

Game 3? COME ON MAN!! The suspense is killing us.

One random thing I noticed in the video is that Aslan and Mike holds their towel in their left hand while maneuvering the ball with their right to wipe it. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want any oils to get on my bowling hand so towel goes in my right and I spin ball with my left to wipe it.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Game 3? COME ON MAN!! The suspense is killing us.

One random thing I noticed in the video is that Aslan and Mike holds their towel in their left hand while maneuvering the ball with their right to wipe it. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want any oils to get on my bowling hand so towel goes in my right and I spin ball with my left to wipe it.
    Aslan is like the lawyer who tries to make the best part of his case just before the break for a weekend, so the jury has that in their mind for the longest time.

As for cleaning the ball, it's probably a coordination issue, I don't think I can spin the ball with my left hand.

Since I don't throw equipment that flares, there isn't any oil on the side of the ball that my right hand touches.

I even tried drilling up a C-300 Scout, pancake weight block, and minimal reactive resin cover.... When I got it up to the hold area, it snapped Brooklyn off the end of the pattern. Outside of the hold area just makes it snap earlier.

Next experiment is trying conventional grip.

Major summer task... get rid of the damn bounce.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Aslan is like the lawyer who tries to make the best part of his case just before the break for a weekend, so the jury has that in their mind for the longest time.

As for cleaning the ball, it's probably a coordination issue, I don't think I can spin the ball with my left hand.

Since I don't throw equipment that flares, there isn't any oil on the side of the ball that my right hand touches.

I even tried drilling up a C-300 Scout, pancake weight block, and minimal reactive resin cover.... When I got it up to the hold area, it snapped Brooklyn off the end of the pattern. Outside of the hold area just makes it snap earlier.

Next experiment is trying conventional grip.

Major summer task... get rid of the damn bounce.
    How's the knee bruise?
    Summer is great time to tweak your game.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast