Thread: More Help! Double-Bounce Issue

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Default More Help! Double-Bounce Issue

I went to a different house to bowl this weekend to practice for an upcoming tournament there. The lanes are much newer/very different all around, and I noticed that my ball was double-bouncing.

After noticing, I had someone video tape my approach/release. Although I'm scoring very well (180s/190s, even had a 267 this past week), it appears that I'm "double bouncing" the ball--it's not hugely noticeable either, at least IMO.

I don't recall this ever being a problem for me before. What are some things that cause this, and does anyone have any drills to correct it?

I must say it's disappointing me to learn this--I thought I was doing great, especially after a 267!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Since you say it's not very noticable, it's likely you were doing it at your other house also. This other houses lanes might be a on little more solid foundation and don't give as much as your other house so you notice it more on them.

The double dribble is because you are releasing the ball into the lane , not on to it. Most loikely because your releasing a little early and/or you may need to be alittle lower.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 02-03-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 204

MWhite almost always double bounces...I'm sure there's even been a triple bounce on occasion. And he's the reigning VBT Champion of Bowling Boards .Com!!!

I've even seen pros double bounce it on occasion. It doesn't seem to be a huge negative...probably some energy loss as it transfers into the lane more...but like I said, really good bowlers double bounce it and still can usually score well.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    MWhite almost always double bounces...I'm sure there's even been a triple bounce on occasion. And he's the reigning VBT Champion of Bowling Boards .Com!!!

I've even seen pros double bounce it on occasion. It doesn't seem to be a huge negative...probably some energy loss as it transfers into the lane more...but like I said, really good bowlers double bounce it and still can usually score well.
    I'm getting better at reducing the frequency of the bounce.

There are times where the ball seems to hit a part of the lane that isn't mounted tightly and it acts like a trampoline.

My first shot in Vegas in the Match play session did that, and the ball seemed to bounce once at the foul line, and then land again past the arrows.

Wow! That's a problem (among the many I've had) that I've never experienced.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    Wow! That's a problem (among the many I've had) that I've never experienced.
    Same here! In looking at my video, I think I'm releasing the ball too early.

I've actually seen Mika do a double-bounce on TV several times.