Thread: Looking for some advice

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default Looking for some advice

So For a while now I just don't have anything in to a ball at all. I have played with different releases and starting hand positions.

About 6 weeks ago I bought a brunswick power koil to see if it would help me be mor consistent with the roll...

It definitely did, I like that I'm not questioning anymore why the roll is so different evry time. It also put more into the ball for me.

However after bowling and if I bowl next day or two my wrist is killing me but not as much as my fingers. Both my fingers are in pain on the sides. I actually have to use bio freeze on fingers and wrist.

Any suggestions.

I could be wrong, but the wrist positioner doesn't add strength to your wrist and finger muscles, so if your wrist is being positioned in such a way that your wrist strength is compromised, it's going to tax those muscles and the joint. I don't think the positioned does the work for your wrist. Does that device seriously cup your wrist?

BTW: welcome to the boards! You'll find lots of great information here. I hope that one (or all!) of the "more informed" people here will speak to your problem. There are three or four whose advice and knowledge is spot on and trustworthy.
    Last edited by rv driver; 02-04-2015 at 06:50 PM.

What is Bowling?

Thanks RV.

Looking for some good advice on this matter.

Yes the positioner does cup my wrist and locks it that way.

Then on my spares I dial it to stay even or flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Drock25 View Post
    Thanks RV.

Looking for some good advice on this matter.

Yes the positioner does cup my wrist and locks it that way.

Then on my spares I dial it to stay even or flat.
    The cupped position is a "weak" position for the wrist. the finger grip is a little compromised in that position, so you need some wrist and finger strength to throw with a great amount of cup, I'm guessing. (I don't cup that much).

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Drock25 View Post
    So For a while now I just don't have anything in to a ball at all. I have played with different releases and starting hand positions.

About 6 weeks ago I bought a brunswick power koil to see if it would help me be mor consistent with the roll...

It definitely did, I like that I'm not questioning anymore why the roll is so different evry time. It also put more into the ball for me.

However after bowling and if I bowl next day or two my wrist is killing me but not as much as my fingers. Both my fingers are in pain on the sides. I actually have to use bio freeze on fingers and wrist.

Any suggestions.
    This is Newton's Third Law in action. "For every action there is an equal and opposite re-action."

Now that you are putting more force on the ball (making it roll better), the ball is putting more force on your hand.

Unless you are doing something drastically wrong, you will learn to get used to the "feedback" and use it as a gauge on the quality of your release.

Chats: 204

Agreed. If you're used to just dropping the ball on the lane...the only soreness will be in your back, shoulder and your thumb (from gripping). Once you change to a new position and either going through or up the side of the ball...now your wrist and fingers are doing something...and get sore.

Cranker

If you're feeling pain, I'd see a doctor.

Tip: there is no one here qualified to dole out medical advice, unless you count the psychiatric advice we all try to give Aslan

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by dnhoffman View Post
    If you're feeling pain, I'd see a doctor.

Tip: there is no one here qualified to dole out medical advice, unless you count the psychiatric advice we all try to give Aslan
    Considering the results of that advice we're not qualified as shrinks either.
    John

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Considering the results of that advice we're not qualified as shrinks either.
    Considering the sources of the advice, I'd say barely qualified to give directions to the nearest gas station is more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Considering the sources of the advice, I'd say barely qualified to give directions to the nearest gas station is more accurate.
    I resemble that remark!