Thread: Hello from Western Australia

Default Hello from Western Australia

Hey guys,
    Hello from all the way down here in Western Australia! Been lurking and reading lots on here for a while, so I decided it must be time to get a bit more active

I originally started bowling back in around 1993 (at age 12) and bowled solidly till 2003. In that time I made the Junior state team here twice and got my first (and only so far) 300 in 2002. Won the odd tournament as well and made it to the final 4 of the Australian Junior Masters in 1999. After all these years I thought a little break might be in order. Well as you can probably imagine that break become longer and longer and I only actually came back to bowling last year, so ended up having like 10 years off. Just had the very odd social bowl in that time with the family. Before I took my break I was averaging ~ 205 and ended up averaging ~ 185 last year bowling in just one league. I'll be looking to improve that again this year!

Towards the end of last year, I got my nephew to do some videos of my bowling. We're still sorting through them before I post anything, but I've seen enough to know there are a number of things I want to work on eventually. It's amazing how different you look on video to what you think you're doing!

Tezza

Chats: 1

Welcome to the Boards. It really is funny when you see video of yourself bowling and think how am I doing that with my arm or leg or whatever when it feels like I'm doing everything right.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Jaescrub View Post
    Welcome to the Boards. It really is funny when you see video of yourself bowling and think how am I doing that with my arm or leg or whatever when it feels like I'm doing everything right.
    I resemble that remark

Yeah, it was quite an eye opener! Longer list than expected of things to work on now