Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tournament Update!!

Chats: 204

Post Tournament Update!!

Quick Backstory:

I am in 2 local USBCs because I live on the border of two counties essentially. Well, I participated in both USBC's BVL tournaments…Citrus Belt USBC in December and Orange County USBC in January.

At the Citrus Belt, they used my adjusted sport average and I was in Division A (170-190). In Orange County they used my league/composite average of 166…so I was in Division B.

Well, I went out to MWhite's home center for the Citrus Belt USBC BVL tournament and I bowled a 593 series…WOULD HAVE won Division B by 10 pins. But in Division A, the top guy rolled a 729…higher than any other division including the 191+ classic division. So, I'm not too disappointed because I walked away knowing I could win the B division…that I had the ability…and I figured I'd use the experience and go win the Orange County USBC Division B. Well, at the OCUSBC I didn't fare as well. Not sure where I finished, but my highest series was a 527 and I knew the top guy going into day 2 was at 550. But it was no big deal…because the state tournament (where the local winners go) was the same weekend as my sweeps in Vegas.

So I make plans for Vegas, figure "I'll get em next year"…no bigee. Well, today, I get a call from Citrus Belt USBC saying that the guy who won Division A isn't able to go to the state tournament and since I finished 2nd, they were asking me if I wanted the spot!!

So the kick in the pants is this:
    1) I can't go to the state tournament in Division A because I'll likely get smoked.
    2) If if I wanted to try, I have sweeps that weekend AND already bought tickets for Cirque du Soleil fo one night (which were NOT cheap!).
    3) Had I won Division B with the same score…I'd have known not to make plans for sweeps.
    4) The 593 I bowled at Citrus Belt would also have been probably good enough to take the OCUSBC BLV Division B…but I could only manage a 527 over those couple days. But who knows. They (OCUSBC) could call me and say my 527 was 2nd there and the 1st place person can't go and ask me to go as well.

So anyways, Miraculously…my 593 at Citrus Belt BVL was 2nd place in Division A. I'm still waiting for OC USBC to post the results for their's.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Banned
    Chats: 68

You're saying there was no one between 593, and 729? That seems a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I KNOW!!! She said I finished 2nd, 5th, and 10th based on my 3 squads.

But you have to remember...the highest score in the top division was like low 700s/high 600s. So the guy ahead of me bowled out of his mind and would have won the classic division. You shouldn't need over 700 to win the A Division. The highest average for A-Division is 190 so thats a 570 series. Now, I figured you'd need 630-700 to win it...but given the smaller turnout...the A division could be winnable in the 560-590 range.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Exactly, I need to move there apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by dnhoffman View Post
    Exactly, I need to move there apparently.
    This from the guy playing on those tilted lanes Iceman bowl's routine 300s on? Please.

As I stated...the tournament for MWhite's USBC/Area isn't the same level of competition/participation as the Orange County USBC tournament. It was sparsely attended. Granted, that 593 would have gotten me 1st place in both the Citrus Belt USBC AND the OCUSBC BVL tournaments in Division B (where I belong). But no, a 593 shouldn't win Division A...not in a USBC BVL tournament where there is a good deal of participation.

That being said...now that the results are in for the Orange County tourney...I finished 3rd place in Division B with my lowly 527 series. The guy who won it bowled a 561. And, in Division A...I'd have gotten 2nd place with that 593...same as CBUSBC. But I would have finished 22nd in the Classic (highest) division with a 593. Obviously most of the participation and talent is in the Classic division...which was won by a PBA50 pro that shot a 787.

So, a 2nd place Division A finish in the Citrus Belt USBC BVL tournament and then a 3rd place finish in the Divison B OCUSBC BVL tournament. Not what I wanted, but an improvement over last year.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    This from the guy playing on those tilted lanes Iceman bowl's routine 300s on? Please.
    2 is routine? Get 1 and then talk to us about 300's being routine.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    2 is routine? Get 1 and then talk to us about 300's being routine.
    2 in 3 years is probably a high number for a beginner bowler. Just talking averages and what not. I don't know...maybe 2 is extraordinary and Iceman is the best new bowler ever to live and you'll be battling him in the USBC Open this year. It could happen. When his tears dry up and he gets tired of sulking...I'm sure he'll show up...maybe even give ya some pointers.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

As I stated...the tournament for MWhite's USBC/Area isn't the same level of competition/participation as the Orange County USBC tournament. It was sparsely attended. Granted, that 593 would have gotten me 1st place in both the Citrus Belt USBC AND the OCUSBC BVL tournaments in Division B (where I belong). But no, a 593 shouldn't win Division A...not in a USBC BVL tournament where there is a good deal of participation.

That being said...now that the results are in for the Orange County tourney...I finished 3rd place in Division B with my lowly 527 series. The guy who won it bowled a 561. And, in Division A...I'd have gotten 2nd place with that 593...same as CBUSBC. But I would have finished 22nd in the Classic (highest) division with a 593. Obviously most of the participation and talent is in the Classic division...which was won by a PBA50 pro that shot a 787.

So, a 2nd place Division A finish in the Citrus Belt USBC BVL tournament and then a 3rd place finish in the Divison B OCUSBC BVL tournament. Not what I wanted, but an improvement over last year.
    I didn't read your typical novella after the first sentence but um....iceman and I live about 5 hours apart, I don't think we're at the same house. Anyway, don't beat yourself up too bad about the sub-600 tourney finish bro, progress not perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by dnhoffman View Post
    I didn't read your typical novella after the first sentence but um....iceman and I live about 5 hours apart, I don't think we're at the same house. Anyway, don't beat yourself up too bad about the sub-600 tourney finish bro, progress not perfection!
    Too bad you didn't finish reading the novella. I always insert random offers to give away large sums of money to anyone that is still reading.

beat myself up? I finished 2nd and 3rd. Had I not already made reservations and plans for sweeps that weekend, I'd be going to the state tournament. I'm not beating myself up.

And yes, I keep forgetting that Iceman is in Kansas City, MO not St. Louis, MO. But for some reason I thought you bowled with him? He had some other youngster like you on his team back when he showed us that sorta creepy introduction video for his team...I thought that was you.

Chats: 256

Too bad you didn't finish reading the novella. I always insert random offers to give away large sums of money to anyone that is still reading.

beat myself up? I finished 2nd and 3rd. Had I not already made reservations and plans for sweeps that weekend, I'd be going to the state tournament. I'm not beating myself up.

And yes, I keep forgetting that Iceman is in Kansas City, MO not St. Louis, MO. But for some reason I thought you bowled with him? He had some other youngster like you on his team back when he showed us that sorta creepy introduction video for his team...I thought that was you.
    No, that was Jason from the planet Bowlula. Surely you couldn't have forgotten that.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast