Default Black Widow RED Legend Ball Review - BIG Backends

BOWLER INFO:

PAP/Track: 5 1/8” x 1” up
    Axis Rotation: 25 degrees
    Axis Tilt: 12 degrees
    Rev Rate: 425
    Ball Speed: 15-17 mph

LANE CONDITIONS
    Lane Patterns Used: 41' House Shot, 39’ PBA Chameleon Pattern, Kegel Highway to Hell Pattern

BALL LAYOUT: 65 x 5 x 35

COMMENTS

The Black Widow RED Legend follows up with the success of the Legend by adding a pearlized coverstock to offer a BIG backend motion to compliment the Legend & Assassin. This ball reminds me so much of the Black Widow Pearl which was one of the favorite Widow series ball of all time. The Red Legend is much cleaner through the front part of the lane than the Legend and offers a bigger backend motion than the Assassin & Legend. For me, this ball is about 3-4 boards weaker overall than the Legend, and about 3-4 boards stronger overall than the Assassin. The motion that sets this on different than the previous Legend & Assassin is that the Red Legend is more angular down the lane. This ball will work well with all styles of bowlers and offer a strong backend flip when you need more angle down the lane.

Dislikes: For me, this ball is too over/under for the fresh patterns, but really excels when during the transition & when you need to move in and open up the lane. When using it on the drier patterns, it still got through the front part of the lane with ease, but due to my rev rate, it was burning up a little bit. Therefore, I would recommend it for the medium to medium heavier patterns.

With the new 3 year warrantee that Hammer provides for this ball, this is the BEST bang for your buck!
    I think this ball will be a must have ball for those that had the original Black Widow Pearl or those that want a BIG backend flip motion down the lane. This ball has a great motion that does not stop rolling in the backend – it really continues through the pin deck! Very versatile ball… You will be impressed!

PICTURES AND/OR VIDEOS
    http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/v...psd787fb90.jpg

Another Hammer ball that I want in my line up? Yes please!
    Bowling balls in the bag: Track Paradox, Hammer Deadly Aim, Hammer Black Widow Legend, Hammer Black Widow Assassin, Hammer Viral, Columbia 300 White Dot

Chats: 1

Just got his one and it hits the pins a ton. It really mixes the pins. Originally threw it at a demo day (and had just picked up the storm crux pearl from my pro shop), and liked the reaction so much I had to grab this one too. I am really looking forward to Monday night to compete with it for the first time.

This is my first hammer ball, I usually throw storm.

Quote Originally Posted by hoppy1605 View Post
    Just got his one and it hits the pins a ton. It really mixes the pins. Originally threw it at a demo day (and had just picked up the storm crux pearl from my pro shop), and liked the reaction so much I had to grab this one too. I am really looking forward to Monday night to compete with it for the first time.

This is my first hammer ball, I usually throw storm.
    Hey Hoppy, how's that Red Legend working out? I was thinking about getting this ball. Heard it is very similiar to my Jet Black Taboo. Love that ball.

Have you tried any surface changes?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums