Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RyanP's bowling scores

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Very well said Aslan, extremely comedic as well! In a good way! Lol I'm definitely going to join a league soon. I never knew what a handicap league was nor did I know that was an actual thing. I hope to get my average up and could not agree more with everything you have said! Gotta prove it in the midst of when it matters. Thanks for the words of wisdom Aslan!

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
    Very well said Aslan, extremely comedic as well! In a good way! Lol I'm definitely going to join a league soon. I never knew what a handicap league was nor did I know that was an actual thing. I hope to get my average up and could not agree more with everything you have said! Gotta prove it in the midst of when it matters. Thanks for the words of wisdom Aslan!
    Be careful his ego inflates easily
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Be careful his ego inflates easily
    I'm sorry...but I'm far too comedic and wise to even acknowledge such a hater comment.

What is Bowling?

Just betting with a couple friends of mine.

202-198-193

First game felt like i got a little lucky with a few of the strikes I picked up as one was standing and another pin would come out of nowhere and slide into it to knock it down

2nd game would have been the high game of the night but I blew it in the tenth missing on the 10 pin. Game felt pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
    Just betting with a couple friends of mine.

202-198-193

First game felt like i got a little lucky with a few of the strikes I picked up as one was standing and another pin would come out of nowhere and slide into it to knock it down

2nd game would have been the high game of the night but I blew it in the tenth missing on the 10 pin. Game felt pretty good.
    He has the dare i say.....GIFT!!! Nice bowling man. I think you mentioned something before about being a good baseball player right? Some people like to make fun of bowling that don't really know about the game. They see someone who is good and doesn't really fit the definition of a model athlete. Sure, to be a good bowler you don't need to be at 8% body fat but if you have good hand eye coordination developed from other sports it sure helps. look forward to hearing about your game as you progress.

What is Bowling?

Thanks for the kind words ForTheLove. I like to think of myself as a pretty good athlete. I played football basketball and baseball in high school. And made all-state in football and basketball. Being 6'5 does help with that though lol. For anyone who happens to see this and knows about it, what is the point of sanding your ball? I have seen quite a few things mentioning this but I have no clue what it means

Sanding the ball creates an earlier hook. Polishing it will allow it to skid in the oil and snap when it hits the dry at the end of the lane.

There's a good amount of YouTube videos on the subject .

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Bradski9 View Post
    Sanding the ball creates an earlier hook. Polishing it will allow it to skid in the oil and snap when it hits the dry at the end of the lane.
    Correct, you alter the surface to change the ball reaction. I've been experimenting with surface changes on my Thug and my plastic spare ball.

What is Bowling?

Tried out a different house than my normal two and didn't have the greatest day of bowling Sunday when I bowled a 183-156-166. Lanes were a little more oily than I was used too and had a hard time adjusting to them as they seemed pretty inconsistent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12