Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep bowling on the tube!

I would love if they got a former/current pro to do the interviews...or yes, someone who at least seems interested in the sport.
    Curr. League Avg: 203
    High Game/Series: 279/705
    Arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (15#), Storm IQ Tour Nano (15#), Storm Mix (15#)
    PAP: 3 5/8" - 1/2" --- I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Cheerleaders with skimpy outfits wouldn't hurt. Maybe have some of them down lane for distraction

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Cheerleaders with skimpy outfits wouldn't hurt. Maybe have some of them down lane for distraction
    Can you imagine if one them accidentally shifted their err, umm..."pom poms" during PDW's approach

Quote Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
    Can you imagine if one them accidentally shifted their err, umm..."pom poms" during PDW's approach
    It would at least make it on ESPN Sportscenter. No such thing as bad publicity

I bet Belmonte's win this last weekend didn't make it on the newscast

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    It would at least make it on ESPN Sportscenter. No such thing as bad publicity

I bet Belmonte's win this last weekend didn't make it on the newscast
    I'm sure it didn't, I'm not disagreeing with you. I for one enjoy the entertainment value of PDW having a meltdown, you add scantily clad women to the mix = instant increase in viewership. Then again, as a kid I enjoyed watching clips of John McEnroe erupting, so maybe I'm not the best judge of what the PBA needs

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Agreed 100%. They need to do something about the lady that interviews. She is not good at all, certainly not even interested in the sport and seems this is just a job for her.
    She asks the SAME question of ever bowler!!
    "So what were you seeing out there?" or "How are you feeling right now?"

Geez...we can't get a fax machine to the alley and just fax a question?? I mean, I can't bash the PBA when football does the same thing...throwing a parka on some blonde and having her chase after the coach at half-time...but for crying out loud. How many times are you going to ask kids if they know who they are bowling against before you stop and find out IF the kids actually could know that!?

And on a greater scope/level...it bothers me because there are 10s of thousands of bowlers that would LOVE to have that gig...ask bowlers about the experience...have at least some insight. But they don't as the lane proprieter or a sportscaster or former pro to do the interviews...which would make sense...instead they take a woman who's claim to fame is that she is generally nice to look at and may have won some beauty pageant awhile ago...and THATs who they choose.

It just furthers my criticism of the ESPN production team assigned to PBA events. It seems like it's ESPN's rookie team, their young team, and they are trying to make watching bowling like watching some Kardashian picnic on Bravo network. They just don't get it. There was ZERO reason to have Flavor Flav as part of that telecast...ZERO reason. But some idiot producer thought it would get people in the mindset for the Chris Paul celebrity event...so in their apparent racist type of thinking...they paraded out some black has been rapper to make a fool of himself so that all the 18-29 demographic will consider tuning in.

And ZDawg...be careful what you wish for. If the XFL has taught us anything...and I like to think it has...it's that simply parading women around in lingerie does not make garbage watchable. I like the ladies probably more so than the next guy...but honestly, I can see images of women in lingerie by walking past the Victoria Secret store at the Mall...I don't need to see it mixed in with my sports I follow.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 184; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 0

They need to hire Nikki Noto,

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Agreed 100%. They need to do something about the lady that interviews. She is not good at all, certainly not even interested in the sport and seems this is just a job for her.
    She's white-trash eye candy -- like the bikini models who hold up the round number cards at wrestling events, or the useless flaps of skin dangling over car hoods at racing events. Somehow, they feel that bowling needs that kind of "help" to keep the vapid, armchair quarterbacks interested. ESPN's not really interested in the interviews, themselves, rather, the interviews are an excuse for her to flip her hair at "Peaked-in-High-School" viewers.
    Last edited by rv driver; 03-06-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12