Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 US Open Tournament

Chats: 32

Congrats Man best wishes and enjoy it
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 256

Well practice this morning on the newly released oil pattern was interesting. It's certainly a tough shot. I went at it straighter as I just don't put enough revs on the ball like some of the pro's were doing.

Had a good shot I think and will just see how it goes. No expectations, just get out there make good shots and make my spares and hopefully not end up in last place.

Here is the oil pattern if interested. LINK

Bowl at 8am tomorrow beginning on lanes 17-18.
    Last edited by vdubtx; 11-02-2015 at 06:47 PM.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Well practice this morning on the newly released oil pattern was interesting. It's certainly a tough shot. I went at it straighter as I just don't put enough revs on the ball like some of the pro's were doing.

Had a good shot I think and will just see how it goes. No expectations, just get out there make good shots and make my spares and hopefully not end up in last place.

Here is the oil pattern if interested.

Bowl at 8am tomorrow beginning on lanes 17-18.
    I looked at the lay down on line after you said your bowl times. It looks like a straight shot is going to be better. Don't rush to move inside if your on a fresh set.

Day 1 in the books for me. Shot.......OK. Made some bad shots and got too darned fast a few times too many. Left a lot of pins out there on some messy spares.

For the first 8 games, I am -143.

Seems the way the squads are going, the 2nd squad(burn) of the day is the best scoring squad so far. Double burn is still going now. We will be bowling on the double burn tomorrow evening at 630pm central.

Should be on the Xtra Frame live stream for at least 1 game tomorrow night according to the lane assignments.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Day 1 in the books for me. Shot.......OK. Made some bad shots and got too darned fast a few times too many. Left a lot of pins out there on some messy spares.

For the first 8 games, I am -143.

Seems the way the squads are going, the 2nd squad(burn) of the day is the best scoring squad so far. Double burn is still going now. We will be bowling on the double burn tomorrow evening at 630pm central.

Should be on the Xtra Frame live stream for at least 1 game tomorrow night according to the lane assignments.
    "Shooting ...OK", seems pretty good considering the conditions and level of competition, good luck with the next session !

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    "Shooting ...OK", seems pretty good considering the conditions and level of competition, good luck with the next session !
    Thank you Tony.

I do have to keep it in perspective. The fresh squad yesterday was the lower scoring squad. Interested to see today how the Fresh squad does.
    Last edited by vdubtx; 11-04-2015 at 12:43 PM.

Day 2 in the books. For the 8 game block I was -160. Add to Day 1 I am -303 currently.

The double burn was brutal to say the least. Was hard to keep the ball on the 1-3 pocket side of the lane. They had been torched from the last 2 squads. I was on the Xtra Frame live streams for 2 games so that will be fun to re-live those games when I can get a chance to watch the replay of them. Wife was texting me while I was bowling offering support.

Third round of qualifying today at 115pm. We will be on single burn today. Hoping for a bit better scoring today.

Chats: 204

oooo...I'll have to see if my internet will let me watch the livestream without it looking and sounding like Max Headroom.

Hopefully VDub is wearing a "VDub" jersey because I forgot his name and don't know what he looks like.

Gotta say that the Seniors are looking pretty impressive after bowling the fresh on Thursday: Duke, Ameletto, Pete, and WRW all in the top five, keeping the lone lefty leader company!

My experience at the US Open is over. Today did not go so well. Shot -230 today.

Plus side, I was on Xtra Frame and shot my single 200 game of the day while on the stream.

This was an awesome experience that should be on every bowlers bucket list. Learned a ton while bowling. I will expand on what I did learn later. Tired and sore and need some down time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast