Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 US Open Tournament

Chats: 256

Default 2015 US Open Tournament

US Open tournament is back!!

This year will be held in essentially my back yard.

https://www.11thframe.com/news/article/7269

Bowlmor AMF, the United States Bowling Congress and Bowling Proprietors’ Association of America on Monday announced the sites for the 2015 U.S. Opens — one a newly remodeled center and one a familiar major tournament venue.

The 2015 Bowlmor AMF U.S. Open will take place at AMF Garland Lanes in the Dallas/Fort Worth suburb of Garland from Nov. 2-8, with the television finals scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 8.

The 2015 Bowlmor AMF U.S. Women’s Open will take place at Brunswick Zone Carolier in North Brunswick, New Jersey, Aug. 31-Sept. 6 and will be a part of the new PWBA Tour schedule. The television finals are scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 6.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

I'm assuming this is different than the USBC Open??

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I'm assuming this is different than the USBC Open??
    Yes, different. The US Open is a PBA tournament and is one of the majors.

Might consider giving it a go just for the experience of it.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 39

Go for it dude! You never know how it might go, or who you end up playing on the lane with
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Yes, different. The US Open is a PBA tournament and is one of the majors.

Might consider giving it a go just for the experience of it.
    So without looking it up…is the unique thing about it that it's "Open" to all bowlers even non-PBA card holders?

I wonder if they have a limit on entries. I know the WSOB only took a certain number of entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    So without looking it up…is the unique thing about it that it's "Open" to all bowlers even non-PBA card holders?

I wonder if they have a limit on entries. I know the WSOB only took a certain number of entries.
    Yes, I believe it is open to amateurs without PBA card as far as I know. More info to come out about it I am sure. Registration starts April 6. Have already dropped the bug in the wife's ear about it. Will certainly be a great experience and likely once in maybe a lifetime depending on where they are held each year.

Chats: 0

They must have a cutoff for entries, but the last US Open had over 600 participants. I read the difference in average between amateurs and pros was around 25 pins/game . Someday I'll give it a try . I used to drive by the place in NJ all the time when I was an over-the-road trucker. Always wanted to lay over and go watch the tournament but never did.
    I have seen a few pro tournaments and bowled in some pro-and, but I want to get to that next level before I'm too old .
    Last edited by foreverincamo; 03-01-2015 at 07:33 PM.

Hadn't looked before, but just found out that entries are still being accepted to the US OPEN!!

I think I am going to do it!

$400 entry fee and I will have to find someplace to get my name embroidered on the back of some shirts.

Figuring this will be a once in a lifetime chance to bowl it since it is so close to home. Literally within 15 miles.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Hadn't looked before, but just found out that entries are still being accepted to the US OPEN!!

$400 entry fee and I will have to find someplace to get my name embroidered on the back of some shirts.

Figuring this will be a once in a lifetime chance to bowl it since it is so close to home. Literally within 15 miles.
    Awesome, good luck with that. If it ever comes back to NJ, I may try it too. Hopefully I'll be a better bowler by then.

Good luck to you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast