Thread: New in Nebraska

Default New in Nebraska

Hey everyone, new to the website and new to bowling, almost 100% new, I've gone out twice in the past 12+ years to bowl and it was unexpectedly fun so here I am.

Currently residing in Omaha and hoping to get good enough where I won't be ashamed to join a league or sub for a team next season.

Got my own ball at a pretty nice price because of cosmetic defects on it, not really an entry level ball from what I hear but at least it'll give me something to grow into. It's a 900 Global Sure Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRM View Post
    Hey everyone, new to the website and new to bowling, almost 100% new, I've gone out twice in the past 12+ years to bowl and it was unexpectedly fun so here I am.

Currently residing in Omaha and hoping to get good enough where I won't be ashamed to join a league or sub for a team next season.

Got my own ball at a pretty nice price because of cosmetic defects on it, not really an entry level ball from what I hear but at least it'll give me something to grow into. It's a 900 Global Sure Thing.
    Welcome to the site and bowling! There is no shame in any average or game. Do yourself a favor though and do some research and find a league that fits your needs skill and bowler compatibility wise. So many new bowlers end up starting out on the wrong league for various reasons and give it up because they don't have fun. Good luck with your bowling and have fun!

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Welcome to the site and bowling! There is no shame in any average or game. Do yourself a favor though and do some research and find a league that fits your needs skill and bowler compatibility wise. So many new bowlers end up starting out on the wrong league for various reasons and give it up because they don't have fun. Good luck with your bowling and have fun!
    Thanks for the welcome, I have a coaching session tomorrow to just get the basics down then I'll start writing down my games and see how I improve from the very beginning with 0 experience, should be interesting. I expect quite a few low sub-100 scores.

I went ahead and checked out the leagues and figured to start out I would sub for my cousins league which is definitely a for fun league that doesn't take averages very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by manke View Post
    Welcome!!
    Thanks!