Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surfacing questions

Bowler
    Chats: 0

The problem with compound is your final surface grit level depends on the amount of compound used, the length of time it is applied on the spinner, and the pressure used when applying it. 500 plus compound can get wildly different results as such.

This is why I usually resurface a ball I get right after I buy it. Once I find the surface Grit I like I can always reproduce it.

Chats: 32

The truth is you will never get exactly the same surface from one resurfacing to another. You will never get exactly the same pressure, length of time, and wear on the pads. Add in polishes, buffs, or rubbing compounds that are additional variances and consider that as your ball gets use that the cover stock naturally absorbs oil and becomes less effective over time your going to get different reactions from the ball. Worry about trying to get a surface that works for you and not about trying to duplicate the exact same performance.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Getting a ball spinner is a great move, especially if you have many balls. I never appreciated how quickly a surface changes, especially if you like 4000 grit or polish. Example... my marvel pearl with polish is about a 3/2 move stronger than my hyroad at 4000. After bowling with the hyroad for about 2 weeks the next time i tried to play it off of my marvel it hooked earlier and went brooklyn, unexpectedly. Brought it back to 4000 and again its back to being a nice step down from the marvel

Quote Originally Posted by bobforsaken View Post
    Getting a ball spinner is a great move, especially if you have many balls. I never appreciated how quickly a surface changes, especially if you like 4000 grit or polish. Example... my marvel pearl with polish is about a 3/2 move stronger than my hyroad at 4000. After bowling with the hyroad for about 2 weeks the next time i tried to play it off of my marvel it hooked earlier and went brooklyn, unexpectedly. Brought it back to 4000 and again its back to being a nice step down from the marvel
    Hmmm. My ball had a polished finish when I got it, which it no longer has (especially along the track). Maybe it's time to get it resurfaced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12