Thread: Arsenal Help

Default Arsenal Help

I purchased 4 used balls off of craigslist for $15 a ball, thinking I couldn't go wrong at that price. Amazingly, the span on these balls is perfect. All I need to do is throw in some new inserts and maybe do some small thumb adjustments and these balls will be ready to go.

The balls:
    Storm Manic (Pin Up) - Just resurfaced to OOB, perfect thumb hole (would prefer not to re-drill).
    Storm Fast (Pin Down) - Willing to re-drill and resurface.
    Ebonite NVD (Pin Down) - Willing to re-drill, probably needs to be resurfaced.
    Hammer Cherry Vibe (Pin Down) - Used for spares by previous owner. Planning on using it for really dry lanes, willing to re-drill and resurface.

Current Arsenal:
    Hammer Spike Black/Blue (Pin Up, OOB)
    Hammer Rhythm (Pin Up, OOB)
    Hammer Rhythm (Pin Down, 1500 grit)

Any recommendations for re-drilling and surfacing of the used balls? I can't afford to get them all drilled up at once, but if I was only going to do new inserts and thumb adjustments, I could do all of them. Are there some of them I shouldn't bother with?
    Arsenal: Hammer Rhythm Pin Up, Hammer Rhythm Pin Down, Hammer Spike Black/Blue, Ebonite Maxim
    USBC Sanctioned Average: 194
    High Game: 269
    High Series: 704

Quote Originally Posted by Josch View Post
    I purchased 4 used balls off of craigslist for $15 a ball, thinking I couldn't go wrong at that price. Amazingly, the span on these balls is perfect. All I need to do is throw in some new inserts and maybe do some small thumb adjustments and these balls will be ready to go.

The balls:
    Storm Manic (Pin Up) - Just resurfaced to OOB, perfect thumb hole (would prefer not to re-drill).
    Storm Fast (Pin Down) - Willing to re-drill and resurface.
    Ebonite NVD (Pin Down) - Willing to re-drill, probably needs to be resurfaced.
    Hammer Cherry Vibe (Pin Down) - Used for spares by previous owner. Planning on using it for really dry lanes, willing to re-drill and resurface.

Current Arsenal:
    Hammer Spike Black/Blue (Pin Up, OOB)
    Hammer Rhythm (Pin Up, OOB)
    Hammer Rhythm (Pin Down, 1500 grit)

Any recommendations for re-drilling and surfacing of the used balls? I can't afford to get them all drilled up at once, but if I was only going to do new inserts and thumb adjustments, I could do all of them. Are there some of them I shouldn't bother with?
    Take one of the balls (the Manic would be a good choice), have it totally plugged, and redrilled. Have your grip measured. Just because the span seems perfect, doesn't mean that it is perfect. Have the ball fitted, not only for span, but for pitches as well. This investment will pay off more than you can ever imagine in the future. If you cheap out on correct measurements, you will pay for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Take one of the balls (the Manic would be a good choice), have it totally plugged, and redrilled. Have your grip measured. Just because the span seems perfect, doesn't mean that it is perfect. Have the ball fitted, not only for span, but for pitches as well. This investment will pay off more than you can ever imagine in the future. If you cheap out on correct measurements, you will pay for years to come.
    I plan on having the proshop measure what's currently drilled to see if it really is as close to my layout as it appears to be. It honestly feels nearly identical. The pitches seem right, and even the beveling on the Manic's thumb hole is identical to my other balls.
    Arsenal: Hammer Rhythm Pin Up, Hammer Rhythm Pin Down, Hammer Spike Black/Blue, Ebonite Maxim

the NVD would give u something 4 oil

Quote Originally Posted by larry mc View Post
    the NVD would give u something 4 oil
    Is it still aggressive compared to today's equipment?

compared 2 your current arsenal it is

I talked to my coach and he seemed to be the most excited about the Fast and the NVD. I'll probably put new grips in the Manic and Fast first, and then do the NVD when I start needing a more aggressive ball.

Chats: 221

Take them to the shop and have them checked against your current fir. The shop can also check the layouts against your pap and make layout suggestions to fit your game