Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super dry lanes are flat out killing my game.

A timely thread. I'm usually a track player, although I'm transitioning to a new release that has given me a lot more revs. I wanted to practice that last night, except the lanes were really dry. My cyclone across 4th arrow was having some success but my Optimus across 5th arrow (from board 45) was the shot that gave me the best success. I simply couldn't get the balls to go far enough right before hooking back without playing such a deep line.

However, the last few throws surprised me. I took a Hyroad pearl and played straight up the 11 board with a flat wrist and was hitting pocket. If I wasn't so dead set on practicing my new release, that would have been my shot for the night.

As for pointers.. Well consider I'm a newbie so you can take it for what its worth. What helps me playing a deeper line is to "push out" towards my eventual break point target not towards my target at the arrows. As I enter the slide step the target at the arrows, swing plane, and breakpoint line up. If I push towards my target at the arrows as (I do playing the track area), I end up pulling the shot inside because the swing plane is wrong for where I will be at the slide.

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by bobforsaken View Post
    I took a Hyroad pearl and played straight up the 11 board with a flat wrist and was hitting pocket. If I wasn't so dead set on practicing my new release, that would have been my shot for the night.
    Haven't tried this in league yet, but definitely going to try it in practice.

If I push towards my target at the arrows as (I do playing the track area), I end up pulling the shot inside because the swing plane is wrong for where I will be at the slide.
    The few times in the past that I've tried playing deep inside this has happened, I finally had an "aha" moment when watching the thumbless bowler on our team a few weeks ago. He usually plays real deep for obvious reasons, but I paid particular attention to his ball movement, and noticed he did pretty much what you describe and "pushes" the ball toward the breakpoint from whatever angle he is playing.

Good stuff everyone, definitely gives me some idea on how to go about working on this.

Remember there are 2 points to your line. Your target and your breakpoint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12