Thread: Consistent 4 pin leave

Default Consistent 4 pin leave

Hi, I wanted to ask the group on what changes they might make with this condition for a right hand bowler:
    I picked up a new Storm Optimus. I left the 4 pin for 4 consecutive frames. Would you have moved 2 boards to the right or continued the same shot while getting used to the new ball? I also noticed I was lofting the ball out about 4 feet,where I used to put the ball down at the foul line. I suppose that what I am asking is if there is a certain amount of time needed to get used to a new ball or just correct a consistent light shot.

The Optimus is a pretty aggressive ball. Move your feet and your target left to find more oil. There is an entire lane out there for your use in finding a strike line. The line does not start and stop at the second arrow.

If you're a righty...

4 pin usually means you're coming in a little bit high. The way I see it, one leave can be a fluke but 2 is a pattern - I would have moved left a board and tried the same shot. You mentioned you were coming in light, though? A single 4 pin on a light hit that many times in a row... I'm not even sure how the ball would have been going through the pin deck to leave it consistently like that.

In terms of getting used to a new ball - always happens. Your ball is gonna be a little bit different in reaction, drilling layout, cover etc and you'll have to find the line that works for it. Usually takes me about 4-5 games to really get comfortable with it.

Chats: 204

I've heard the correction for leaving a 4-pin or 9-pin or 4-9 is a 1-1 move left (for a righty).

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I'm surprised it was 4 four pins in a row. Usually if I leave a four pin and don't make an adjustment the next time up on that lane I find myself looking at a really big split.
    John

Cranker
    Chats: 0

It means you're hitting too high in the pocket, move left