Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowlingball.com Order freebies?

Chats: 0

Default Bowlingball.com Order freebies?

So with the insanely expensive hobbies I enjoy, I have spent quite a bit of money shopping online. I do a lot of fishing and have placed huge orders from tacklewarehouse.com and basspro.com. Golfsmith.com and edwin watts, and on and on and on. Almost all of these sites, when placing a big order, like $250 or more, will throw in something for free. Like a hat or two, towels, shirts, hoodies, coozies, etc. Nothing crazy or anything but something ya know. My question is has anyone ever gotten anything like that from bowlingball.com? I have had a couple orders over $500, couple over $300 and a bunch in the $100-$250 range and never have they sent any kind of "bonus" or "thank you items". I mean it's not a deal breaker or anything and I am not looking for a hand out, just curious if they have ever sent any of you guys and goodies?

Ryan

Chats: 204

I've never really understood "freebies". I used to get them occasionally with paintball orders and it was usually some useless junk that I really didn't need. I mean, sure, it was a nice thought and it slightly made me more likely to order with them again, all things equal, but it was never a big deal for me. I'm more about honest pricing, customer service, and delivery time/reliability.

I've ordered with bowlingball.com a lot and BowlerX a lot. Both have great pricing, great customer service, and free, reliable, fast shipping. Hard to beat that.

My only "knock" on bowlingball.com is I'm not a big fan of the "way" they list their prices. For example, they will list a ball for $124.99 and list it as regularly $179.99, marked down from the $225 MSRP. Then they claim thats 45% off. Thats great…but it's really NOT 45% off…because nobody is really selling it for $225. I like the way BowlerX does it more…where they list the $179.99 price and then say it's 25% off regular price. Because thats more 'honest'…since it's generally selling everywhere for around $179.99…NOT $225.

On the flip side…bowlingball.com has a much better overall experience than BowlerX since it not only houses these forums, but also Bowlversity, ball giveaways, their own product line (Pyramid), AND…they list SO much information on the bowling balls…specs, PerfectScore, etc… So if I'm researching different balls…bowlingball.com is the 1st website I go to because they have just as much if not more spec/information on the balls than in some cases the manufacturer websites have. Of matter of fact…if they (bowlingball.com) would just add the full RG/diff. ranges (for all weights)…I'd never need to look elsewhere.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 187; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.3mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Ryan, if you contact bowlingball.com before you place your next order, I'm sure they will be happy to throw in some goodies for a great customer. You can e-mail them at support@bowlingball.com.
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingBoards.com View Post
    Ryan, if you contact bowlingball.com before you place your next order, I'm sure they will be happy to throw in some goodies for a great customer. You can e-mail them at support@bowlingball.com.
    Wow we almost never get post from You! Nice to know your keeping an eye on things

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I've never really understood "freebies". I used to get them occasionally with paintball orders and it was usually some useless junk that I really didn't need. I mean, sure, it was a nice thought and it slightly made me more likely to order with them again, all things equal, but it was never a big deal for me. I'm more about honest pricing, customer service, and delivery time/reliability.

I've ordered with bowlingball.com a lot and BowlerX a lot. Both have great pricing, great customer service, and free, reliable, fast shipping. Hard to beat that.

My only "knock" on bowlingball.com is I'm not a big fan of the "way" they list their prices. For example, they will list a ball for $124.99 and list it as regularly $179.99, marked down from the $225 MSRP. Then they claim thats 45% off. Thats great…but it's really NOT 45% off…because nobody is really selling it for $225. I like the way BowlerX does it more…where they list the $179.99 price and then say it's 25% off regular price. Because thats more 'honest'…since it's generally selling everywhere for around $179.99…NOT $225.

On the flip side…bowlingball.com has a much better overall experience than BowlerX since it not only houses these forums, but also Bowlversity, ball giveaways, their own product line (Pyramid), AND…they list SO much information on the bowling balls…specs, PerfectScore, etc… So if I'm researching different balls…bowlingball.com is the 1st website I go to because they have just as much if not more spec/information on the balls than in some cases the manufacturer websites have. Of matter of fact…if they (bowlingball.com) would just add the full RG/diff. ranges (for all weights)…I'd never need to look elsewhere.
    I will have to comment that I have ordered with almost all of the big online companies and I have always had the fastest shipping and best customer service from Bowlingball.com. If the price is even close I will order from them every time and it usually is.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Jaescrub View Post
    Wow we almost never get post from You! Nice to know your keeping an eye on things
    And now you scared him away...

He's like that groundhog....pokes his head out...sees shadow...gone.

Hands down funnest post ever!

Chats: 0

For the record guys, I most definitely was not complaining. I (so far) have loved bowlingball.com! Still buy some stuff in my local PS basically just to support them and keep em happy. (So they let me use the ball spinners and machines . Only problem I have ever had was my own fault. Fair warning, if you check out with paypal, they will send it to the paypal account address (they have to I believe). So now my cleaners and tapes are an hour or so away at our lake house! HAHA! Like I said though, my fault on that one. Thanks for the responses guys!

He didn't, but you might've...
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingBoards.com View Post
    He didn't, but you might've...
    nope this is now the best post ever. I hope you post and interact more on here. That's one thing that has always been missing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast