Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you bring them or leave them?

Chats: 10

Default Do you bring them or leave them?

When you go to bowl, do you have a locker there or do you bring your equipment with you? I generally bowl at one center so I leave my stuff in my locker which can hold 3 balls, shoes and other misc equipment. The locker only costs $16 for a full year. Actually longer as I have never been notified to pay up and has been past a year. I just got two new balls, IQ Tour Nano and the Rocket so I have been looking at getting a new bag to carry everything. On occasion I bowl near a friend so I bring a few balls with me, but never the full stock.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Chats: 0

I have too much money tied up in my equipment, plus I bowl in multiple houses, so I always carry my equipment. With what the family owns equipment-wise, I had to buy a new vehicle that would hold 5 bowlers and 6 bags holding 9 balls.

Bowler

I bring my equipment with me. While my house has lockers, they don't have enough room for my gear. Plus id rather have my gear at home so I can maintain, clean, or adjust surface.

I always take my equipment with me. Like other said I like to clean and maintain my stuff.

I bowl in three different centers, so I take my equipment with me, bring it home and clean/resurface it as needed. My wife bowls in two different centers, has two different sets of equipment, leaves it in her locker, and only has it cleaned/resurfaced when I threaten her with something major. Any other questions...

Chats: 39

I have a locker that holds a 3 ball bag at the center I play at the most (actually 2 lockers, one for my wife that I also use to put my other two balls in as well when I have them there). The other center I play at doesn't have any more lockers available, but there is a corner of the center where a lot of bowlers just leave their bags, and I usually leave my 2 ball bag there. For normal league play I'll just take my spare ball and shoes with me and play with the 2 sets of balls at each center (I don't drive so....). If I'm playing a tournament somewhere then I'll take all my balls home with me after league that week.
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Chats: 221

As I bowl in several different centers I take my equipment with me. As my wife and daughter only bowl in one center they both have lockers there

Ringer

Currently, I don't have a locker.

I used to utilize one, but it got to be a PITA when I'd bowl at other centers. Plus, the place where I used to have my locker "lost" my dad's ball, which was also in his locker, during a "renovation".

The center I bowl at now is very old, and you'd be lucky to fit 2 balls and a pair of shoes in the locker--it would be pointless.

Chats: 256

My bowling balls live in the trunk of my car, so obviously I take them.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

I keep a bowling ball or two and a old pair of shoes in the locker for impromptu visits as I'm coming home from work. But generally I bring my good shoes and equipment home with me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast