Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brooklyn?????

Chats: 0

What's wrong with Jersey? Ever been there? I had to deliver there from Ohio twice to three times a week when I was an over-the-road truck driver. Try going to Jersey City sometime. The smell in the summer there will bring you to tears. There are billboards with the website www.jerseydoesntstink.com. along I-95. I can tell you that it does. Way too many people there. Traffic is insane during rush hour. Most of the people who work in New York commute from Pennsylvania. They would rather do that than live in Jersey and have a shorter drive.
    I could go on, but you get the point. If you click the link, it goes to the website . Click the YOUTUBE link and there are videos trying to show you that Jersey doesn't stink. The mascot they use is a guy dressed as a car pine tree air freshener.
    Last edited by foreverincamo; 03-13-2015 at 07:47 PM.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    What's wrong with Jersey? Ever been there? I had to deliver there from Ohio twice to three times a week when I was an over-the-road truck driver. Try going to Jersey City sometime. The smell in the summer there will bring you to tears. There are billboards with the website www.jerseydoesntstink.com. along I-95. I can tell you that it does. Way too many people there. Traffic is insane during rush hour. Most of the people who work in New York commute from Pennsylvania. They would rather do that than live in Jersey and have a shorter drive.
    I could go on, but you get the point. If you click the link, it goes to the website . Click the YOUTUBE link and there are videos trying to show you that Jersey doesn't stink. The mascot they use is a guy dressed as a car pine tree air freshener.
    It's not so much about either Jersey, or Brooklyn, as it is about the "other side of the river".

From the N.Y.C. (Manhattan) perspective both Brooklyn, and Jersey are across the river (different rivers).

And as you know, the world revolves around Manhattan (in their opinion).

Yes, they do think the world revolves around Manhattan. They can't even understand why anyone would live or even go outside of the city. They have the entertainment, every food ethnicity in the world, public transportation that reaches everywhere, and tons of places to shop. Drawbacks? No one can afford to live there . Prices on everything way higher than anywhere in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    I was trying to be tactful and unoffensive for all our Jersey friends out there. The fact that Jersey smells like a sweat sock stuffed in a chicken turd notwithstanding...

A Brooklyn strike is like a shot in tennis that hits the net and drops over (let cord) and the other player cannot get to it, its like you hit a tree in golf and the ball bounces onto the green, in football when the QB throws a bad pass and it bounces off the defender into the hands of a receiver. Many sports have this type of thing. It can be frustrating to the opponent when it happens, but these kinds of things tend to even out over time (although not necessarily in one game).

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    I was trying to be tactful and unoffensive for all our Jersey friends out there. The fact that Jersey smells like a sweat sock stuffed in a chicken turd notwithstanding...
    I guess you just get used to the smell after a while xD. I know it gets really bad the more inland you go, but I think the closer to the shore you get it isn't all that bad; we actually take care of ourselves and try to make our swamp-ridden state a little nicer. At least you don't have to put up with hordes of mosquitoes and tourists in the summer (I live about 20 minutes away from Long Beach Island), and toll booths every 30 minutes (not an exaggeration, and they are damn expensive).

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

one of my teammates was getting harassed about his "Brooklyn" strikes
    his response: "I'll drive all the way to Queens if I have to, to get a strike"
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

I'm more annoyed when my someone completely flubs their shot: Like say they pull it way inside, it holds in the oil and doesn't hook, STILL was pulled so badly that it goes through the noise, and they get lucky and split falls late for a strike.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123