Thread: Weight Upgrade

Default Weight Upgrade

I just got into real bowling and learned how to bowl properly after getting my first real bowling ball about six months ago. It was 14 pounds which seemed heavy compared to the 10 or twelve pound ball I was throwing before. I am now late in high school. After using it for 6 months it feels comfortable, but I feel like it might be too light allowing me to pull my swing and put more arm into it instead of having a free swing. I also know that a 15 pound ball would have more hitting power on the pins most likely. I am going to be getting a new ball soon and would like to know what your opinions are on upgrading my weight.

Chats: 256

My advice would be to talk to your pro shop operator, have them watch you bowl. They can then determine if the weight increase could be of benefit to you.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

at your age u should have no problem with 15 lbs and your carry will be much better ,, go 4 it

Chats: 0

With a higher weight ball, proper fit is a must . This way you can have a relaxed grip and a loose swing and handle 15 pounds easily. I use 16 lb balls with a ball speed at 18 mph off my hand and around 14.8 at the pins. My swing is loose and relaxed because the ball fits, and after a 3 hour practice session with my coach, my hand and arm aren't nearly as tired as my legs. Good luck with the new equipment.