Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 USBC Open Championships!

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

I haven't had the opportunity to watch any of the feeds from this year, but from researching the pattern I am very excited to see the pattern flattened out this year. I'm bowling May 28th and 29th (so I may catch the last couple games that vdubtx bowls).
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Got a chance to practice on the d/s pattern last night.....

DANG! this may well be a humbling experience(208 very happy with this 117 not happy at all 187 ok with this game). all of the gear I have is drilled and surface prepped for league shots (1 house is med/dry 39' the other is med/heavy 42')

accuracy was at a premium which I expected but what I didn't expect is the minimal ball movement even when being accurate.

the 2 lines I found that were playable was laydown 9 10 at the arrows or laydown 14 13 at the arrows

it did start to open up even with only 2 of us bowling but wow very very tight lines... and if you were outside 10 at the tracer forget it it wasn't coming back.

Oddly of the three balls I tried I actually got the best lane reaction from my slingshot(ping above ring finger) over my origin path pearl(pin above bridge) and my meanstreak beatdown (pin right of ring finger but CG in grip center) THe Beatdown needs to be de-oiled and resurfaced though so not a fair comparison.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by ALazySavage View Post
    I haven't had the opportunity to watch any of the feeds from this year, but from researching the pattern I am very excited to see the pattern flattened out this year. I'm bowling May 28th and 29th (so I may catch the last couple games that vdubtx bowls).
    Sounds good man. Come find me if you are there. Can help cheer on my 300 game(or likely my 300 series). LOL.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Perrin View Post
    Oddly of the three balls I tried I actually got the best lane reaction from my slingshot.
    Yay! Go Slingshot!!

I'm tellin ya…thats an under-rated ball!

Went today to the ITRC to practice on both patterns. Had a pretty good look on both patterns going straighter than I typically go.

On the team pattern took my Hyper Cell to a 1500 grit finish and had a nice look up 10. A board or two off and was either washout or through the nose. Have to play it pretty tight to start. As the lane opened up for us, we started to move left and kept line and was able to swing it a bit. Shot pretty well.

On doubles and singles, I basically kept my same line with Hyper cell up 10 and continued hirtting pocket.experimented with couple other balls as well and had good results. Again, if right or left board or two, either washout or through the nose.

Encouraging for my first time on the patterns that I had a good look. Will be getting more practice in patterns in the coming weeks up to when we go end of May.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Posting one shot from what I recorded on the Team Pattern this past weekend. You can see the shot is a lot straighter. Had to be careful not to get too much speed or hand in the ball. Slow and gentle release is what I had best results with.

Goo luck this week Perrin. Looking forward to hearing about how you did.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Goo luck this week Perrin. Looking forward to hearing about how you did.
    Thanks. We'll be headed down later this week and bowl Team 5 on Friday, then D/S on Saturday.

Hoping to get at least one set in on the bowler's journal lanes.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 0

I want to make a vacation of it when it goes to Reno and Vegas. Never been out there and would enjoy it.

How'd you do in El Paso Perrin?
    Did you also bowl the 40 frame game and the Bowlers Journal tournaments?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast