Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 USBC Open Championships!

Chats: 256

Default 2015 USBC Open Championships!

Well, Nationals are underway and the lane conditions have been posted. Seems like the shot can be a humbling one with a little bit flatter pattern on the lanes.

Team Graph - LINK

Doubles/Singles Graph - LINK

Both patterns have a much lower ratio lending to a much flatter pattern:

From Jeff Richgels blog:

The 2015 team pattern is 38 feet with 26.9 mL of oil at a 1.64-1 ratio of the outside track to the middle.

The 2015 minors pattern is 39 feet with 27.05 mL of oil and a 1.86-1 ratio of the outside track to the middle.

The 2014 team pattern was 43 feet with 24.4 mL of oil at a 2.65-1 ratio of the outside track to the middle.

The 2014 minors pattern was 40 feet with 26.062 mL of oil at a 2.89-1 ratio of the outside track to the middle.

The 2013 team pattern was 41 feet with 26.05 mL of oil at a 2.57-1 ratio of the outside track to the middle.

The 2013 minors pattern was 39 feet with 24.4 mL of oil at a 2.37-1 ratio of the outside track to the middle.

This year’s Open Championships patterns are more like this year’s USBC Masters pattern
    The 2015 Masters pattern was 39 feet with 30.923 mL of oil at a 1.94-1 ratio of the outside track to the middle.
    Seems spare shooting will need to be up to snuff this year. Not a lot of miss room and a shorter pattern could create some interesting conditions later in the sets. If the team is right away going up 15 will likely make things difficult later on. Will be discussing the patterns with my team so we can come up with a game plan.

So, Bowlingboards members, when are you gonna be in El Paso?
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

I'm going to be there at the end of April. 24th and 25th are my bowling dates.

I watched the live feed last night and the way they played the lanes seemed to work out pretty well. most of the started between 5 and 10 and then as the set progressed moved in. I think the farthest left I saw any of them get was ~15 most of them were playing ~8 at the tracer mark so pretty much the rule of 31.

When are you going to be bowling?
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Watching the stream now. Looks like they have opened the lane up to play a bit better than that first game. Started to atleast string some things together.

I will be bowling May 27-28.

Good luck to you.

Will certainly be getting our local lanes to put down the pattern as well as go to the ITRC to have them put it down for us as well.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 0

Good luck to all board members at the Open! Sure wish I could join you. Please post how you did so we can see

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Watching the stream now. Looks like they have opened the lane up to play a bit better than that first game. Started to atleast string some things together.

I will be bowling May 27-28.

Good luck to you.

Will certainly be getting our local lanes to put down the pattern as well as go to the ITRC to have them put it down for us as well.
    Now that Bowl.com added webcams to the event you'll have to let us know what lanes you will be on.

I will be bowling April 24 and 25. Once I find out the lane assignment I'll try to get it posted on here. My daughters are excited that they will get to watch even though they don't get to go to the event with me.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

Quote Originally Posted by Perrin View Post
    Now that Bowl.com added webcams to the event you'll have to let us know what lanes you will be on.

I will be bowling April 24 and 25. Once I find out the lane assignment I'll try to get it posted on here. My daughters are excited that they will get to watch even though they don't get to go to the event with me.
    Yea, webcams have been in use for a few years now. Last years cams were pretty horrible, this years are no exception. Will let you all know as soon as I get lane assignments.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Yea, webcams have been in use for a few years now. Last years cams were pretty horrible, this years are no exception. Will let you all know as soon as I get lane assignments.
    Last time I watched the webcams to see someone I knew, they spent half of the scanning time showing lanes that weren't assigned to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Last time I watched the webcams to see someone I knew, they spent half of the scanning time showing lanes that weren't assigned to anyone.
    Yep, they rotate to show different lanes. They only have 3 of them and I think each covers 15 or so lanes at a time. Lucky it was half the time showing the lanes you were interested in seeing. I would have expected only 1/3 the time you were able to see a particular lane on them.

Watching a little bit of the cams this morning and see a lot of frustrated bowlers. Good to see that the bowlers leave their antics at the home lanes.

Can't even count the number of times that I saw bowlers flipping off in one way or another the pins as if it was the pins that were the problem and not them hitting too far outside and ball not able to return to the pocket.

yeah it is definitely an emphasis on accuracy this year. The live feeds have been really good to watch. unfortunately we don't get another one till the end of the month.

Would be great if after the live feed they could get at least one guy to come talk to them about lane play and decisions that the team made.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast