Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever bought a Blem or X Out Ball

Chats: 2315

I have not but I have a buddy that bought an x-out Complete NV. It was pretty much a 0" pin.

A guy on my team now has a pro-pin Dimension with a 6"-7" pin and a pro-CG Cell with the CG out of line about 3"-4". I'm not sure if these are technically blems or just considered 2nds but they aren't first quality either way.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by Strike Domination View Post
    I have not but I have a buddy that bought an x-out Complete NV. It was pretty much a 0" pin.

A guy on my team now has a pro-pin Dimension with a 6"-7" pin and a pro-CG Cell with the CG out of line about 3"-4". I'm not sure if these are technically blems or just considered 2nds but they aren't first quality either way.
    The pro pin and pro CG are actually still considered 1st quality.. they just fall out of the "standard 1st quality standards" the blems dont come until after the 6.5 inch..

STORM "Pro-Pin"™ Technology

PRO-PIN: A Pro-Pin is where the Pin distance from the CG is 5 -" 6 ½” out. Although still categorized as a first quality ball it has limited drill options (see our Pro-Pin Drilling Options) that requires a certain type of bowler. Please consult your pro shop professional before purchasing one of these balls. Anything more than 6 ½” would be termed an X-Blem (second).
    Last edited by JaxBowlingGuy; 10-30-2009 at 06:29 PM.
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Chats: 2315

Well I guess if his Dimension is closer to 7" then it's a blem. But I'm pretty sure a pro-CG is not a first quality ball, then again I could be wrong as it's kinda the same deal as the pro-pin. I thought more than 3" out of line is a blem though, or maybe I just heard that you shouldn't buy the ball if it's longer than that.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by Strike Domination View Post
    Well I guess if his Dimension is closer to 7" then it's a blem. But I'm pretty sure a pro-CG is not a first quality ball, then again I could be wrong as it's kinda the same deal as the pro-pin. I thought more than 3" out of line is a blem though, or maybe I just heard that you shouldn't buy the ball if it's longer than that.
    STORM "Pro CG" Technology

PRO-CG: A Pro-CG is where the CG ends up a certain distance left or right of the Pin and PSA (preferred spin axis). If you draw a line from the PIN to the PSA on average the CG would need to be 2 ½” or more from that line. That distance will vary depending on if the CG was to the right or left. Although still categorized as a first quality ball it has limited drill options (see our Pro-CG Drilling Options) that requires a certain type of layout. Please consult your pro shop professional before purchasing one of these balls.

How or why is a Pro-CG manufactured? A pro-cg is created during the manufacturing process. When the pin area is being drilled the core can slightly shift. When the weight block shifts just a small amount (1/16” - 1/32”) it pulls the CG off the Y axis towards the Z axis. This is why on some balls you will notice the CG is a far distance away from the Pin to PSA line. These small shifts do not affect the reaction or quality of the product, but it can limit the drilling options. Therefore we offer a different set of drilling instructions and mark them as Pro CG's.
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Chats: 0

Default Oh yeah

I have thrown tons of blems and 2nd's over the years. I live in Muskegon, MI and I probably got 100 plus blems from Brunswick before they moved to Mexico. They were just fine. Just be careful of the asymetric blems many of those can only be laid out a few ways. So you need to understand what you are buying when it comes to pro pins. Some will work better for lefties than righties and vice versa. But in my opinion Pro-pins are blems. Its not like Storm, RotoGrip and the others are trying to produce these balls on purpose! So rather than toss them they got creative and called them Pro-pins. Pros do love them because sometimes these balls are perfect for a certain layout they want to create a specific reaction. So take it how you will. I just think Pro-pins are creative advertising and not really a good choice for the rec bowler. My advice if it is an asymetric blem I would avoid them if the Mass Bias is to far out of line from the Pin and CG. The PIN, CG, and MB should be in line or very close to in line with one another. Pin placement is a whole other can of worms. I dont mind short pins but long pins I hate. I could go on and on. If you have a question about Blems or 2nd's PM me and I will help you out. If they are just cosmetic blems go for it! Nothing wrong with those babies!
    TEAM ELITE MEMBER

I am a factory authorized dealer of ELITE Bowling equipment. Do not pay retail! All equipment will be factory fresh FEDEX delivered to your door step. PM me for pricing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12