Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever bought a Blem or X Out Ball

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Default Have you ever bought a Blem or X Out Ball

With so many bowling stores, ebay and more, have you ever bought a blem or x ball? If so did you know it or was it a mistake?

A few years back I bought my wife a couple of Storm balls on ebay. I thought I was getting a great deal until we went to drill them. I think one had like a 12 inch pin if that is possible and one with no pin basically.

I was upset as the listing said nothing about the balls being anything other than new and from the factory. I guess really it was my fault for not asking, yet if a consumer is unaware of this, why would they ask anyways?

So do you have any stories like this? Or maybe a positive side?
    Go Broncos!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

I've had several Blem's , my favorite was a Track EMB blem. I had a 11" pin Rock Pearl, a big pin distance isn't bad. Just project it around the ball to the anti-pin position and use that as the pin.

Blem's are a good way to save money, just make sure you know what your getting before you pay.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Bowler

Chats: 3

I had a Burgundy Hammer X-out and am currently using an Ebonite Big One X-out. I never had a problem with either.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

These web sites really put the pressure on Pro Shop owners. Makes it pretty tough to compete. I guess they just raise drilling costs.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

I have thrown many X or Blem balls and dont really see any diffrence between that and a new ball
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

recently bought a x-blem cell pearl. the emblems were reversed. local pro shop made some calls to make sure how to drill, and the ball is awesome! saved over $100! highly recommend for saving $

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

I bought a Storm Xtacy Domination X-Comp for $80 with a special on bowlingball.com...the only thing wrong was that the MB was stamped with a key logo like the Shift line and it should of been stamped with "RAD+"... 3-3.5 pin with 3oz top weight... pin, CG and MB perfectly in line...

Still havent drilled it and have had it for like 4 months now.. dont know how i wanna drill it, it i actually do drill it
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Chats: 221

Ihave owned drilled probably 230 blems or comps the last 5 years.several were color or label blems. a few long pin and an X-Factor Ace they forgo to put the particles in
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Mack Daddy
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

I've purchased several blems/x-outs over the years and not had problems with any. The latest is the Elite PBA Platinum. No problem drilling or anything...
    There's always one off center in the rack

Info: AVG 206, Stroker, Righty, Gladiator Pearl, Track The Rising, Hammer Rayzr, Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm Reign, PBA Platinum

Wish List-Hammer Jigsaw

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 221

There are many reasons for blems or x-outs and it varies from company to company. For example a couple of manufacturers consider anything over 4 inches for pin to cg distance a 2nd whereas Storm/Roto calls it a Pro-Pin. Most Ebonite prouced x-outs are usually 1 of 3 thins. Very short pin, very long pin, or on an asymetrical ball cg above pin. On an asymetrical ball it can also be cg relationship to a line drawn from the pi to the mas bs. Cg's that are more than 2 inches right or left of that line are blems or as Storm/Roto call them Pro-Cg. X-comps are pretty much limited to color or label issues.
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast