Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring/Summer Season Goals 2015

Chats: 0

aslan, do you use an app to record what you do in league play? How do you keep all those stats? I never thought about strike percentages and all that, but I may start.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    aslan, do you use an app to record what you do in league play? How do you keep all those stats? I never thought about strike percentages and all that, but I may start.
    Pinpal

Android LINK

iOS - LINK

Most I have ever spend on an app and glad that I did. I love using Pinpal when I bowl. Very good stat capabilities.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

Yes. Pinpal. Also the only App I've ever 'purchased'.

My only complaint is it doesn't have a check box for "pocket hits". That would save me a lot of manual effort if there was just a box you could check each frame.

With the 2015 spring/summer leagues now in the books; I thought I'd update this thread:

1) Always throw a clean game and/or a 525+ series.
    - Well, obviously I didn't accomplish the clean game every game goal. As to the 525+ Series; out of 30 league night appearances (2 leagues), I was 525 or higher 30 times and did not reach that goal 18 times. Thats a success rate of 62.5%. So we'll call that grade a D- and even if that is technically 'passing'...I'll say that goal was not accomplished.

2) In 2015, take at least 1 lesson from Mark Baker.
    Not done yet...but is scheduled for late next week. I probably could have accomplished it a month ago, but Mr. Baker has been quite busy this year with the PBA League, his camps, and the switch to 900Global. But, we'll call it "accomplished" since it WILL happen in 2015.

3) Increase my composite sanctioned average from 165 to 193 or higher.
    My final composite average for spring/summer is 181. So, once again I missed my mark with this goal.

4) Increase my strike % from 32% to 35% or higher.
    GOAL ACHEIVED: 37% (1423/3764).

5) Increase single-pin spare shooting % from 71% to 80% or higher.

GOAL NOT ACHEIVED: 76% (665/875).

6) Increase pocket % from 43% to 62% or higher.
    Gave up on this goal because tracking pocket % became a pain in the pooper.

So, it looks like my goals won't be much different going into next season...but I'll post the new goals in a more recent thread.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

Looking at this Aslan this season hasn't really been a disappointment you improved your stats in all of your goal categories. Maybe didn't get where you wanted but you showed improvement in them all.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

My goals for this winter season.

Raise my average from 180 into the 190's with a future goal of getting over 200

Be consistent and throw no series under 500

Increase my conversion of single pin spares specifically 10 pins

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    With the 2015 spring/summer leagues now in the books; I thought I'd update this thread:

1) Always throw a clean game and/or a 525+ series.
    - Well, obviously I didn't accomplish the clean game every game goal. As to the 525+ Series; out of 30 league night appearances (2 leagues), I was 525 or higher 30 times and did not reach that goal 18 times. Thats a success rate of 62.5%. So we'll call that grade a D- and even if that is technically 'passing'...I'll say that goal was not accomplished.

2) In 2015, take at least 1 lesson from Mark Baker.
    Not done yet...but is scheduled for late next week. I probably could have accomplished it a month ago, but Mr. Baker has been quite busy this year with the PBA League, his camps, and the switch to 900Global. But, we'll call it "accomplished" since it WILL happen in 2015.

3) Increase my composite sanctioned average from 165 to 193 or higher.
    My final composite average for spring/summer is 181. So, once again I missed my mark with this goal.

4) Increase my strike % from 32% to 35% or higher.
    GOAL ACHEIVED: 37% (1423/3764).

5) Increase single-pin spare shooting % from 71% to 80% or higher.

GOAL NOT ACHEIVED: 76% (665/875).

6) Increase pocket % from 43% to 62% or higher.
    Gave up on this goal because tracking pocket % became a pain in the pooper.

So, it looks like my goals won't be much different going into next season...but I'll post the new goals in a more recent thread.
    It looks like you gained ground toward your goals and realistically moving from 165 to 193 in one season would be really tough to do, but that's why we call them goals. You might have made less progress than you expected but bowling is a tough game to master, overall it looks like pretty good progress !
    Considering my avg has been 180 for the last 3 years I would be thrilled with a 16 pin jump !

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Considering my avg has been 180 for the last 3 years I would be thrilled with a 16 pin jump !
    As the averages increase...it gets harder and harder to see that kind of improvement. I always tell new bowlers that they're lucky because going froma 130 average to a 160 average is not very difficult. You improve your spare shooting...learn about lateral movement...and you're at 160. But getting from 160-180...much harder. Now you're talking about increasing your strike rate /andor limiting open frames to one per game. And from 180-190...same thing...but now the strike rate really needs to be at least 4 per game. And 200? 200+ You're talking VDub numbers...where most games are 225-265...if ya get a split ya might be in the 190s...and every game you got a realistic shot at 300. That level is so foreign to me that I don't really know what that would be like.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    As the averages increase...it gets harder and harder to see that kind of improvement. I always tell new bowlers that they're lucky because going froma 130 average to a 160 average is not very difficult. You improve your spare shooting...learn about lateral movement...and you're at 160. But getting from 160-180...much harder. Now you're talking about increasing your strike rate /andor limiting open frames to one per game. And from 180-190...same thing...but now the strike rate really needs to be at least 4 per game. And 200? 200+ You're talking VDub numbers...where most games are 225-265...if ya get a split ya might be in the 190s...and every game you got a realistic shot at 300. That level is so foreign to me that I don't really know what that would be like.
    I sorely need to improve my spare shooting, in the 6 games of the current league I have 2 games with 6 strikes in a row and one game with 5 and between those 3 games ended up under 600 217 /203 / 179 ...that is some terrible spare shooting , missed 4 10 pins in one game , probably missed 10 and made 2 all season. shooting all of them so far with my new spare ball. Went out today and threw a game of all 10's and 7's with the spare ball and another whole game shooting at them with my strike ball, did much better with the strike ball.

Guess I will use my strike ball this week and practice a bunch more with the spare ball !

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    My goal is to get the 10 pin down easily. Still struggling with it. I would love to have no problems with it by the till next fall/winter league begins. I will be bowling in a sports,league so I would also like to average in 170 s in that for me,
    Get used to 10 pins. If you are a right hander, you will leave from some time to time...its inevitable unless you are perfect on every shot of every game. I average 215-220 and have had some (recent) games with 6+ 10 pins- no matter what adjustments I make, I still leave a ringing (or flat) ten. It just takes a lot of practice to learn adjustments and how to increase your chances in getting the 10 to fall. As lanes change, it becomes increasingly harder to get that pin down.
    Last edited by Cdolcejr; 09-15-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12