Thread: Bowling in first tournament

Chats: 0

Default Bowling in first tournament

Bowling in my first tournament this weekend. I think it will be fun just want to try it out. May like it and do more of them. The proshop thinks I will do ok he thinks I can make the cut of 36. Any suggestions

Good luck! I love bowling in tournament atmosphere it is so much fun. Just relax and try to bowl like you always do.

Good luck, have fun!

Watch the lines of other bowlers and see what they're doing and what equipment they are using, especially the ones that are bowling well. Sometimes it pays to do as they are, and sometimes it pays to play a completely different line. Hope you do well and have fun

How'd you end up doing in the tournament?
    Bowling balls in the bag: Track Paradox, Hammer Deadly Aim, Hammer Black Widow Legend, Hammer Black Widow Assassin, Hammer Viral, Columbia 300 White Dot

well I didn't do as well I would like but I bowled my average so with my handicap my score was 570. Needed to score 638 to make the cut. I did have fun and would do it again.

Chats: 32

it's a good start bowling in a tournament is different than open or league bowling. Congrats on being willing to put yourself out there
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Dan View Post
    well I didn't do as well I would like but I bowled my average so with my handicap my score was 570. Needed to score 638 to make the cut. I did have fun and would do it again.
    That's still a decent score that you got. I personally like the atmosphere of the tournaments I've been in. I like bowling under pressure. It's probably the reason why my team always designates me as the anchor in any of the leagues we bowl in. Definitely a good experience that you can learn from.
    Bowling balls in the bag: Track Paradox, Hammer Deadly Aim, Hammer Black Widow Legend, Hammer Black Widow Assassin, Hammer Viral, Columbia 300 White Dot