Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Critique my release again

Yeah, I already have bad habits from years of fun recreational bowling. I've been bowling for years but usually only 3-4 times each year. Never learned proper technique. Just used house balls and tossed it down thumbless to get hook. Heck, I never even used my right leg to cross over the left. That was probably why I was chicken winging it so much from tossing off to the side vs under the head.

Trying to correct that now but still have to constantly remind myself to cross over that right leg otherwise the ball will hit my upper right leg a few times.

Ok, a new video last night. I've linked to the side view angle. As you can see my wrist is firm and behind ball on backswing and coming down but it breaks right before it gets to bottom of swing probably due to me turning the ball early. Guess I have to concentrate more on keeping the wrist firm throughout and not turning the ball too early

You can forward to 0.42 seconds into the video for side view

Here is another video practice at home. I think the hand release is better here. I know not the same ad the lanes but holding my wrist firm

Last edited by NewToBowling; 03-29-2015 at 05:41 PM.

If you want to work on release at home get a softball or nerf football and try to rotate it without coming around it so much. I would also bowl many games using the 1 step drill and work on keeping your torso over your knee a little more at release. You don't have a lot of knee bend and i know you said you have knee problems but the straightening of your back prematurely hurts your lower body use as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123