Thread: What can I do to increase revs?

Default What can I do to increase revs?

I'm looking for ways to increase my rev rate. I don't have video of my form/technique, but I've tried a couple of different things (stiffer wrist, stay behind the ball, etc), and I don't really see any big increases.

That said, I suppose I don't NEED big revs I just wanna be able to generate enough revs to get a decent hook on the ball on heavy/freshly conditioned lanes.

As a side question, do the finger inserts actually reduce revs?

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    I'm looking for ways to increase my rev rate. I don't have video of my form/technique, but I've tried a couple of different things (stiffer wrist, stay behind the ball, etc), and I don't really see any big increases.

That said, I suppose I don't NEED big revs I just wanna be able to generate enough revs to get a decent hook on the ball on heavy/freshly conditioned lanes.

As a side question, do the finger inserts actually reduce revs?
    It is to my understanding that the 'clear' finger inserts will promote more lift on your throws. By adding more lift, it should in turn create more revs. At least that's what the clear grips I have on all my bowling balls except my C300 White Dot. You don't want more lift on a spare ball.
    Bowling balls in the bag: Track Paradox, Hammer Deadly Aim, Hammer Black Widow Legend, Hammer Black Widow Assassin, Hammer Viral, Columbia 300 White Dot

Finger positioning can also increase/decrease revs as well. Here's a guide for finger positioning that has helped me to add more revs to my bowling throws. http://www.bowlersreference.com/Bowl...nger_Positions
    Bowling balls in the bag: Track Paradox, Hammer Deadly Aim, Hammer Black Widow Legend, Hammer Black Widow Assassin, Hammer Viral, Columbia 300 White Dot

What seems to work for me is if I tilt my right hand about 45 degrees to the left, so my hand is pointing to the 7 pin almost, and that's how I follow through on the ball. By doing this, I'm seeing myself throw a much more consistent shot with a lot more hook on the ball. Trust me, it feels weird for a few games, but it really seemed to help me out a lot. My average before I started doing this was about a 170 or so. For the past 3 weeks, ever since I started my new hand positioning, I've shot two 600 series (I only bowl once a week, 3 games). Try it out if you want, can't hurt to see if it does anything!

Check out the second page in this article. Look at the clock position showing the position of your hand for an extreme hook. This really works for me so give it a shot. http://www.bowlingknowledge.info/ima...inskiapr08.pdf