Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mental? Hey, that's me! Ok, maybe just physical.

Chats: 256

Just get into the routine to try a couple test slides before you start your warm ups. I do this every single time I go bowl, whether it be practice, league or tournaments.

When you stick one time, it will be in your head to be careful the next time and will certainly mess your timing up. See it all the time with team mates.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by white_rabbitt View Post
    Even after breaking in shoes, unless you have the interchangeable soles, you'll come across approaches that are slipperier/dryer than others and will affect your slide.
    I came across this issue last night...had been bowling well the last few times out and then last night I just couldn't get comfortable. My timing and balance felt off and felt like I was sticking more than usual on the approach. I'm not trying to make excuses...I was probably just bowling poorly...but I definitely didn't feel comfortable for some reason(s). It didn't even cross my mind at the time that it could have anything to do with the shoes, which I've had for almost 6 months.
    If you were sticking more than usual, it was most likely do to the humidity at the lanes. The lanes can get tacky do to it.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

I've had some trouble getting used to my shoes that have a brake heel, rather than the slide heel. This is the first pair of shoes I've ever owned -- always just used rental shoes back in the day. It's taking time to get used to stepping out with the toe, rather than walking on the heel on the slide step.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    As mentioned above, you could use some easy slide. You put some on, then take your brush work it into the nap some. Tap it off, this will let you slide better while you practicing which helps break it in faster. Sometimes just wire brushing alone can help, just knocking the "new" off it a little.

Depending on what type of heel the shoe has, The leading edge of the heel can be sharp. This edge is where the shoe brakes hardest at first, now it will round over some with time naturally as you break in the shoes. But you can speed up the process a bit by taking a piece of sandpaper and rounding that edge off some. This helps let you slide also.
    A additional Tip: A post in another forum reminded me about this.

A alternative to Easy Slide to improve slide is to use a "Soapstone". (Soapstone is also known as steatite or soaprock, it's a rock composed of mineral talc) you used it for marking on metal and other things.

It doesn't really leave a residue like easy slide does. It's cheap and You can find it in hardware stores (Look around the welding supplies)

A lot proshops use to have it, so check there also.

Also Brunswick sells a product called a "Slide Stone"
    http://www.bowlwithbrunswick.com/acc...l/slide-stone/

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12