Thread: A Nights Lane Part 6

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default A Nights Lane Part 6

This night the lanes were a bit slicker, I actually had oil come back on my ball for a change. (Not a lot, but more than usual.).

Lane Play Night 6

As you can see from the chart, most of the lane play was around the track area which is typically on most ordinary leagues.

The assumption would be that this area would break down pretty fast. But in this case the players were spraying the area more than playing consistent lines.

I had came prepared for the lanes breaking down faster. I had surfaced and polished my DV8 Dude and Hammer Bad A$$, Also I added my Rotogrip Dagger, which I had used before on this league.

The plan was to start with the Dude, then as the lanes changed just switch to the Dagger or move inside with the B.A.

Game one I started with the Dude, which looked okay in warm up. But as the game progressed. I saw the lanes playing tighter than I first thought, I didn't really have any room to the outside and the ball would hang too long.

So I changed to the B.A. (I wasn't sure of this change, Because it's been too dry to really use it. So haven't had much practice with it.) in the 9th frame.

This was the ball I should have started with, both the Dude & B.A. had the same surface on them. I saw the B.A rolling the way should (Like in the video reviews)

The B.A.'s low RG core had it reving up good with a better move on the backend. Which as you can see had me striking into the 2nd game (frames 5&7 I hit my leg with the ball).

Week 30

From frame10 to 5 of game 3 is when I started seeing the breakdown. I moved in but it was changing fast, I should have changed back to the Dude somewhere in there.

But stuck with the B.A. which started turning harder and harder, I tried the Dude in the 10th and yes it would have been the better choice in the 3rd game.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

Looks like you were a ball change and a few ten pins from a really good night.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I don't know, leaving a few 10 pins didn't seem the be the heart of the problem.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Yes not doing a ball change was the main problem, a lot of times I'll stick with a ball too long. Because I feel it's me making a bad shot, So I ignore what I see the ball doing and not reacting to that fast enough, so I wait to long to change balls.

The missed 10's were just a minor thing. Now hitting my leg was bad, I was rushing.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I don't know, leaving a few 10 pins didn't seem the be the heart of the problem.
    I was referring more to the fact he missed the spares rather than leaving them.

194-209 and a ball change for a better score in the 3rd sounds better to me
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

^ I agree. Potential 30 pins added to the series with the 10 pins converted. I hate missing any single pins.