Thread: This game is so !#$@@!! frustrating....

Chats: 0

Default This game is so !#$@@!! frustrating....

I was on the pair that I threw my 300 on in September. Couldn't carry for anything tonite. Pounded the pocket the first game for a 220, then go 176, 162. 1 open the first game, 2 opens the second game, 3 opens the third game-- all on splits. I left umpteen ten pins but never missed a spare. The splits were all huge nasty 6 count leaves, mostly 2-4-8-10's.
    Our team is in a ridiculous downward spiral. We've lost 19 of 21 points over the last three weeks. We shot 1194 the second game and still lost by 80 pins. My timing was way off the last two games. Just frustrated. End of rant.

Chats: 204

I wouldn't minf if that kind of thing happened once every 12 nights or so…but when it happens the vast majority of the time…even MORE frustrating.

On the lanes I bowl on, they suck. You can bury a ball in the pocket going 20 mph and with an insane hook, and it would leave a 10 pin. The lanes are rarely oiled; whatever oil they have out there is lost by the end of practice. One ball, you could leave a 7-10 split, and the next frame throw that exact same ball, and it'll be a strike. The pins are never adjusted correctly, and they are heavy as hell. Always a problem with the lanes everyday, be it ball return, pins falling from the rack, scoreboard messing up your score, etc. And to top it all off, management doesn't care. That's the house I bowl for my league. And somehow, I've managed 600 series on those lanes.

Where I bowl for High School, the lanes are actually half-decent. At least they can correctly position pins on the lanes and all the basic stuff...

On those nights I grab a beer, sit back and try to enjoy the company and time. Makes the bad game a little less frustrating

Chats: 0

My team has totally given up and they are looking forward to golf season. I'm pretty competitive and with a month left in the season I'm just trying for my 800 series. Not going to get there with nights like the last one.