Thread: You know the lanes are dry when your ball come back from the ball return with dust

Default You know the lanes are dry when your ball come back from the ball return with dust

Just bowled this afternoon and lanes were bone dry. Balls were dusty after each shot. Guess this is the norm as they have leagues in the evening and probably only oil prior to leagues

Chats: 0

That ain't right.

Ok. I've had it where my ball would not even get an oil pattern on it for a whole game, but for the ball to come back dusty after each return? That's pretty bad. I get it, they want the lanes to be oiled for the leagues. But at least put a little coating over it or something for the earlier hours of the day, and then slather them with oil for the leagues.

Well I may be exaggerating about dust but it was definitely dry and lacking in oil

I sure hope you're exaggerating about the dust, lol.

More dirt than dust. But ball didn't need any wiping at all

Funny, I had that happen a couple of weeks ago when I went down at lunch time to get in a couple of practice games, I don't know think it's the normal procedure because I've done that before and since and had more of a medium oil on the lanes, I think medium is their house shot at that location.
    It was nearly worthless to practice because the place where I bowl league uses heavy oil for their house shot.